General info about shipment and manufacturing

Any news for Iceland?

Keep up the good work!

1 Like

15583951 still not on the list :sob: looks like I have to wait a bit longer to win the PPM lottery. Figure end of May beginning of June based on 16xxx backer number in Canada.

Hello,

Got notified by Backerkit that my PPM was ready to ship. It is stated that it may take up to 2 days for tracking number to provide an update.

Now, 13 days has passed and there are still no updates.

Tried getting updates from screeneo support mail but the up to 3 days response time has surpassed. No answers.

What is happening? For me, the DHL update just means that a parcel has been registered, not physically picked up.

1 Like

Exact same status for me for shipment to Dubai. “Shipment information received” on April 23, 23:44 Local time. After that no progress till now. I called DHL and they said the same thing - just a shipment has been registered not physically picked up.

Notifying DHL must be one of the last steps after production. When a delay occurs this must have an explanation. Screeneo and DHL, neither party benefits of the noise like these complaints. They should have an explanation, and have informed us before we start to complaining.

Screeneo… Someone answer please. BackerID 5393

A little explainer as to how the shipping of the projectors actually works:

These packages in a shipment have been handed over to the forwarder Philips Projection uses in Hong Kong, who creates the tracking labels with DHL and prints them out so they can label each and every one of the boxes.

As soon as they have the labels on the boxes, they send the list to PhilipsNono. As soon as the packages are about to ship, he uploads the Tracking labels to Backerkit. As soon as that happens you get notified. Now all you have to keep doing is being patient. Things don’t always proceed as fast as you may have been used to pre_Covid19, it has taken other shipments of these up to 4 weeks to actually arrive, 3 of which went without any change in the tracking situation.

DHL will always give the standard answer “only created but not actually picked up” because technically that’s the case: they don’t have the packages in their distribution hubs, so these packages won’t show as being in their process flow. The forwarder booked a flight to get the packages to the hubs, and got them on the plane. Their overseas counterparts now have to get them through customs and then to the DHL hub. Only then will DHL scan the packages into their system and consider them in their possession, and will the tracking information update.

Please be patient just a little longer.

16 Likes

Same here, seems to be the case for Norway and Switzerland. Hope they get it going pretty soon.

That is the exact same tracking information I’m having…

Hi philipsNono,
I’m still not on the list even after updating it and adding another 200 people
.Please check again that I will not miss the upcoming flight
Backer_id 15588956
Tnx again

Vigo Logistics does also appear for me. Status has not changed since the 10th of April

Is the date for the next shipment still 10th may?

3 Likes

@Philips_Support_N, could yo please provide a list of which indiegogo contribution IDs have been delivered so far? with this ridiculous backerkitID method there is no way to gauge how far away our particular order is, because the backerkit ID is not sequential as to which deliveries are to be filled first.

What’s about shipment for backers from India?

Got my PicoPix today!

It looked stuck in Germany for about 3 weeks and suddenly was at my door (I am in the Netherlands)

Thank you to the Phillips team and the moderators, you guys got so much mud thrown at you, I don’t know how you can keep your calm this way :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Hi @Philips_Support_N , @IvoGrijt
1624+104 (104: only HongKong: goods are already in HK): List 3
Backer_id 15586503
I’m new; I would like to ask why the courier will be sent.
Thank you

Tbh the contribution ID’s aren’t that sequential either, as some countries couldn’t / can’t be shipped to, leading to some backers being skipped for now perhaps. Also, Australia and New Zeeland got a big shipment sent to them almost fulfilling the whole backer base there, because their packaging was unique and different from the rest of the world. So some backers with higher ID’s than some from other countries may already have their perks.

Any such list will have big gaps at the moment, in an ideal world where the units could be produced and shipped on a one by one basis the backing order would be the only priority followed. However, logistics and shipping efficiency or obstructions lead to choices being made outside of mere backing order.

Also: some backers have more than one perk, so that also doesn’t tell you everything. It’s like standing in line at the McD’s: you don’t know if the one lady in the left line needs to order for her whole class of kids or whether the 7 people in the right line only want to have one hamburger each.

2 Likes

@IvoGrijt & @Philips_Support_N the utmost respect for what you guys are doing. Funny the earlier complainers have finally shut up now they have thier projector. I’d suggest a thread (if it doesn’t already exist) where people can post their unboxing and first experiences and yay I got it posts, outside of this shipping and manufacturing thread as it clutters this thread that way the positivity gets its own spotlight and possibly put a link in the summary to it.

4 Likes

Yes Kristen, I noticed this also and was already thinking of doing this, thanks for your help just now! :wink:

I will look into which posts can be moved without leaving huge gaps in the conversation, and create new topics if needed and not already in place.

Thanks for your kind words by the way, much appreciated! :blush:

yes we are patient. We have been waiting since November. But at least can you give us some light on what is happening to shipments to Argentina?

many thanks in advance for your response

Unfortunately I can not, as I do not work fromPhilips Projection. But perhaps @Philips_Support_N can :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like