General info about shipment and manufacturing

@Philips_Support_N I have received an email from you guys (as above).

I have sent you the correct number in the responding email. Will it delay the delivery of my picomax?

Please let me know.screeeeencap

Mate whats ur backer ID?

Early 8000s

1 Like

I understand your query and think it’s okay for you to ask.

As was answered before by PhilipsNono, I’m indeed a (very early) backer who applied to beta-test (as all backers who want to, can) and was at a certain point chosen to become a moderator by the admins (after having previously applied but not initially selected). This can be seen by the shield next to my username (or any moderator for that matter)

Reasons why I’m quick to respond are:

1. I really, truly am a fan of this projector, the PicoPix Max :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  2. I have no social life apparently :roll_eyes: :joy:
  3. I often check the forum trying to help, have read a lot of threads and have a good visual memory so I can help out based on info I’ve seen before elsewhere
  4. I work in IT myself and have been a support engineer in the past, so I know how and what to ask to get the right information to get to solutions. I can also explain stuff quite well even if I do say so myself.
  5. As a member of the moderation team I try to help the forum users and take the load off of the Screeneo team as much as possible so they can focus and answer the truly new questions or issues. A lot of times the information is already on the forum somewhere, so I try to answer for them. Like in the question you asked about the latest status, I could’ve replied “use the search” or something like that, but I chose to point out the latest status as we knew it, as you might have overlooked that post.

Only reason I had not replied so quickly this morning is because I had to go in to work this morning despite the countrywide lockdown, and was told it would be my last day unfortunately at this client, being a hired freelancer they can’t afford to keep me or to provide the means for me to work from home for them, which I understand and have peace with. If I don’t find a new gig (which might be difficult as with everything on lockdown companies will delay hirings) I’ll be on this forum even more than now probably, that is if my kids allow me to do so.

I sincerely hope yours is on its way to you in this batch, so you can start enjoying this little gem that is the PPM! :sunglasses:

10 Likes

@Philips_Support_N Don’t know if this been answered before. Whats the latest contributor ID shipped so far and what’s the ID range for expected next batch to be shipped?

2 Likes

@Jan You can also apply for beta tester (obviously once you have the device) if you have the flair of experimenting with half baked software patches. Check the below thread out if you are interested:

1 Like

It hasn’t, good question!
To be honest the backer ID is not that important at the moment in the big scheme of things shipping wise, what will be more important are the number of backers per country / region and how the team decide to allocate the batches built to them.

For instance: if there are still 600 people for the South American region as a whole, and 1900 for just EU, then if another 1500 are finished I can see them sending all the 600 units for South America to the regional distribution center first to get that done with, and wait to send all the EU units when they have the 1900 needed there. When doing this they won’t look at backer numbers per sé I think but just at what’s efficient.

Note: these are just examples, I don’t know actual numbers or strategy

So knowing the next ID range will be less useful I think than knowing which country or region will be next. If however they send 600 to South America, and the 900 that are left over from the next batch to EU, then the backer order will come into play for the order in which those 900 will be allocated.

Hope this helps, perhaps we will get an official statement sometime this week.

When the tracking number is uploaded, do we get an email or need to check our backer kit account?

You SHOULD get an email, but last time around I think a lot (if not all) of the backers didn’t get one. Checking by yourself is always the best I think.

Latest ID unsent will be useless as they ship by region. Lowest ID unshipped will be someone really low, under 100 even, from a region that hasn’t received any shipments yet. Ask what region(s) will get the next shipments and you’ll be able to guess.

What region(s) will get the next batches, @Philips_Support_N?

2 Likes

When they say they will update the tracking number, they have already sent the projector and it’s on our way?

@Philips_Support_N
I just want to know if Saudi Arabia is included in this last shipment.

NO @yrgt

Thanks for your quick response. Any stats/matrix is fine (regardless of ID or country) as far as it can give an expected schedule of delivery so that people can plan their availability. Whatever works closer to real schedule if disclosed would be good. As per specific country is concerned I am more curious about UAE.

1 Like

Cant wait to get today’s tracking code :slight_smile:

1 Like

thanks @imdevu and @IvoGrijt, I will check the infos provided. If I knew I would apply for the testing at the beginning since I love my high tech stuff and I probably will apply once I receive my picopix. I was very very excited about this product, but the way everything unfold it became a very big disappointed instead. Anyway thanks for the responses.

1 Like

Happy to help… I would have loved to be on the beta list as well. But unfortunately I am 14xxx and still a long way to go before I recieve mine.

NEWS:
The shipping file is ready but our forwarder forgot to tell us which courrier they used for each line… If I upload the file like this on backerkit, you will need to check on TNT/DHL/Fastway… to see which one is the good one… We are waiting for them to get back to us

2 Likes

@Philips_Support_N That’s fine, if you can still upload to backer kit we can check with the sites ourselves

I can’t cause the URL is mandatory… In any case I tried and for the moment the backend of TNT is not yet updated so you won’t see anything yet