General info about shipment and manufacturing

Hi PhilipsSteve thanks for giving us (Customer) this insight, and I feel this better help us understand what is going on, and wee just need to be a wait more patient till we get our PPM Which, personal very excited about – checking DHL for any movement: excited :crazy_face: lol

Hope everyone is well and staying safe.

2 Likes

@IvoGrijt @Philips_Support_N…any news on Bahrain shipping? My number is in list 3…will it be shipped by DHL or some other company? And by when?

Hi) I don’t follow topic, there are a lot of messages …
I see my Contribution ID (8643) in list 3 - cell A3135.
When can I expect shipping?
I have been waiting since September 2019, I really want to get it =)

.Didn’t received any tracking number today
As expected, lol.

2 Likes

When you open list3
(Do not sort the Indiegogo Contribution ID numbers)

The numbers (on the far left)
0002 - 2958 shipped the 16/18th
2959 - 4286 shipped the 22nd
4287 - 5517 To Be Determined

you are 3135
Yours was shipped May 22nd.

3 Likes

We realize that it’s been a long wait and you have every reason to be frustrated. It’s not surprising that you don’t trust us anymore.

The logistics procedures our forwarder is using for shipments to Europe are very typical for these campaigns: We transfer product to them in HK. They prepare each individual PPM for delivery with shipping labels and all. As they prepare the PPMs for delivery, each one is already assigned a DHL tracking number, which goes into the DHL system.

Then the PPM are put into master cartons and onto pallets for one large bulk shipment all together to Europe, where they eventually end up in the German warehouse of our forwarder. Here they are unpacked to the individual PPMs and picked up by DHL. That is when your tracking numbers finally go live.

There are a lot of steps in the shipment of the products around the world, and we don’t always know where they are. Our forwarder is also not always clear to us about what is going on.

There are a lot of risk of unplanned delays, such as delays in being put onto a plane in HK, in EU customs clearance and at the final warehouse where the master cartons need to be unpacked again. If DHL Germany is busy, they apparently can be very slow to pick up the PPMs, as well.

11 Likes

@Philips_Support_N, for Canada and the U.S. are they still being routed through Germany or somewhere else.

Thanks, @Philips_Support_N,

Don’t you have a Tracking Number for the “Master Cartons” to know where they are?

if you have, you could

1. Share it with us. or
  2. let us know updates from it like (awaiting connection flight to Europe or waiting for customs clearance etc.)

apparently one person from List 3, has his projector processed in Germany but no information on others
https://community.philipsprojection.com/t/general-info-about-shipment-and-manufacturing/3922/4622

thanks again

1 Like

Hey Paul. I’m not Steve, but we just wrestled with that question in the list 2 shipments. Everyone thought everything went through Germany for the same reason you’re asking: that’s the only thing we hear. It goes through Germany. Nah, only EU. ROW (rest of the world) goes direct from HK. All the shenanigans Steve mentions still happen, only in a warehouse in HK instead of Cologne. Your tracking number will pick up in HK when it starts working.

4 Likes

Thanks Liersi

1 Like

News regarding shipment to Brazil? What exactly is the issue (shipping restrictions or high cost)?

In case I missed it - I know Philips is aware of the issue with incorrect tracking numbers being supplied.
I’m one of those who received a tracking number for Kerry Express that was reported as delivered days before I even received it.

However, are we expecting new tracking numbers to be sent via Backerkit with email notification or how will we be informed once correct tracking numbers are issued?

Based on this information, mine should have been shipped on 18th May but up till now I have not received any email from Backerkit. Why is that so? Are there any issues that we should be aware of? Thanks!

1 Like

So my new concern is, that for people with tracking from april and the ppm being MIA at HK, what state is it going to be in when it arrives?

We already know that the something breaking in shipping was common before.
I only ask this because I hear that you have to pay customs and VAT a second time if you are exchanging it and I honestly cannot afford that.

So what is the policy on exchanges due to damages from these delayed deliveries in relation to costs @Philips_Support_N?

That’s a pretty comprehensive explaination.
Now we understand the steps .
If you add estimated time to each step I think PPL wl know when to expect their pico.
Just a thought

Steve’s post is very comprehensive indeed, but not anything I haven’t been saying for a while now and have repeatedly linked to before:

But it’s always good to have someone from Philips Projection themselves with the proper authority and Philips Logo to perhaps make this land with backers.

Estimates have proven to be wildly inaccurate, to incur even more frustration when not met despite the many disclaimers and warnings of the nature of the estimates in the times we’re living in now, so we won’t be giving them for this process as we simply do not know how fast or slow things will work out.

2 Likes

According to news updates the tracking numbers of list 3 should be uploaded to backerkit by now. I don’t see them yet. When will they be uploaded for china mainland?

1 Like

If they’re not uploaded it’s because we haven’t received them yet. They’ll be uploaded once we have them.

Yours is comprehensive too.tough job man…anyway a matter of a month or so and it will all be over

2 Likes

Hi @IvoGrijt I still can’t seem to find my number 20880 in any of the list that you mentioned will be uploaded on last Friday?