General info about shipment and manufacturing

Nothing to worry about, there are plenty of people in the same situation as you. As for recommendations, you don’t have to do anything at all - just wait. If you want to, you can read the News section for updates on what’s going on with the shipping.

3 Likes

can u try this please:

1 Like

EDIT: Ok, while writing this ‘djupsjob’ have posted to someone who have the same issue, that others have this issue and we simply need to wait. Gotcha! :slight_smile:
Thanks djupsjob! Good to know it’s a feature, not a bug :wink: :+1:

OK, I read PhilipsSteve’s description and I understand that DHL globally and in Germany can be slow as they are obviously super pressed due to COVID-19.

However, on the 18th of May I received the DHL trackingnumber and after about 5 days it was active on DHL’s site. It showed up as “the instruction data for this shipment has been provided electronically to DHL”.
That was until a few days ago when a search for the tracking number simply returned “Sorry, your tracking attempt was not successful. Please check your tracking number”.

Does that mean the package have been handed over to the local forwarder to my country (Denmark) or has the tracking number “timed out” because of the delay? I guess I am just a bit worried it might be returned or something.
I am in no hurry to receive the Picomax, I am simply curious about why the tracking suddenly isn’t working.
It’s been very interesting to follow the production of this product and I feel sorry for the Picomax team that so many people does not understand the way crowdfunding work. Too much negative talk on these forums. I have waited much longer for other Kickstarter/Indiegogo projects where people were much more understanding. Respect to the Picopix team for keeping their cool! :sunny: :slight_smile:
Keep it up!

5 Likes

Also read through my previous post for trial on some links that seem to work better.

aha, i see it, thanks!
It works :slight_smile:
A bit crazy that DHL have so many tracking sites and some works while others don’t.
Oh well, your link works! Private Customers

1 Like

I think it would be nice to add this information to the " Latest News Updates Summarized" ^^

1 Like

i’ll definitely do that today. Seems this is coming up a lot these days. :slight_smile:

1 Like

He absolutely DID NOT! He was talking about the forwarder, nowhere does he say delivery service or mention the name Kerry when talking about costumer service.

Like I said before:

Of course they have a costumer service for clients, who do you think we are talking to daily, besides their management? But whether they offer this service to end addressees, that we do not know

Every single shop that ships does this the exact same way. They create (book/buy) a label as soon as the product is ready to leave their warehouse, then stick the label on the package, and then immediately inform you that they created the label. Some then even tell you when the package has physically been picked up / handed over to the delivery service, but most don’t. Then you have to wait for the tracking label to start showing movement on the delivery service’s systems.

You want us to wait with sending tracking labels until the goods have been officially handed to the delivery service? When the community is demanding us to even pre-notify them (which is why we even have these backer lists) even before the tracking label is generated?

If people would read ALL the information we’ve been sharing and summarizing then they would see what’s happening and not have to chase us. But since most don’t we end up getting requests, and we keep taking time out of actually getting the work done to answer, day or night (BTW, most of the Philips Projection team is in Europe at 6 hours behind Hong Kong time, so when you post during the day, it’s still night / early morning by us).

Thanks, and truer words could not have been written!

1 Like

When you’re on your third bedpartner so far and they already have your goods in their home, divorce becomes an increasingly difficult proposition. Stern words are being spoken daily, in fact just today we had a representative meet with them, results of which meeting I’ll hear about later today.

If these are the only two options according to you, then we have been fooled. Because they did get our products.

I dont want to argue on this further but how do you expect us to check with forwarder where the forwarder details are not shared with us.

1 Like

Damned if you do, damned if you don’t. We’re like the cat that wants to go out so it can come back in.

1 Like

I repost as no answers… :frowning:

While we wait on the forwarders to provide information back to us… Can we have an update on the QC for the very last backer batch.

Looking forward to hearing the updates from the forwarder.

@Philips_Support_N @Philips_Support_N

Any information yet when the forwarder will hand over the packages to DHL for non EU? If handed to DHL the goods would arrive in UAE within 2-3 days. So far only the AWB has been created and the goods are most likely just sitting at your forwarders warehouse.

1 Like

Again, we did not expect you to do anything yet, especially not if we don’t even know if you can even be helped at all yet. All Steve said ws that he was inquiring about the possibilities thereto.

@IvoGrijt, @Philips_Support_N

For List 3 contributors : Did we had chance to get tracking numbers? would you able to give some updates where we are and tentative timeline when we can expect to get tracking number.

Appreciate your hard work, sounds Shipment Tracking became much more complicated than Production

1 Like

Dear Backers,

As previously said, the production is now 99% finished and we are now accelerating the shipping plan. We’ve however been having difficulties recently in reaching our forwarders and getting timely updates from them. This has reached a point that we decided to send a Chinese-speaking representative to speak with them directly at their offices in China earlier on Thursday, and we had a very fruitful outcome from this meeting in terms of information gathering.

We now have a lot of information to share with you. We apologize that not all of this information is what you had expected, and some of it is not the same as what we have understood and communicated in the past.

What is important is that we now have a much better understanding of what is going on, and we know where the problems are that need to be fixed, and are proceeding in fixing these.

Before we go into the details the whole team at Philips Projection would like to apologize for the delays and sometimes apparent lack of communication, and the frustration created by them in the backers waiting for their shipments. I’m the one posting this but know that I’m speaking for all of Philips Projection in saying this.

1. For all the international air cargo shipments so far, shipping space is very limited, and our forwarder hasn’t managed to actually keep the shipments happening on the dates previously communicated to and by us. High workload on their part has prevented them from letting us know of their efforts in these regards earlier, they have promised however to keep us better informed of all successes and setbacks alike from now on.
    Specifically the following batches have the following status:
  • List 3, Batch named Jordan: Shipping for this batch will happen as follows:
    The European part will fly on Monday June 1st with the regular procedure arriving at DHL Germany.
    The non-European part will all ship direct via DHL Hong Kong, shipments starting now and spread over the next few days
  • List 3, Batches named Laurent and Amy: Shipping for these batches will happen as follows:
    The European part will fly on Saturday June 6th with the regular procedure arriving at DHL Germany.
    The non-European part will all ship direct via DHL Hong Kong, shipments starting soon and spread over the next few days after
  1. Russia: 15 backers are already on their way via a different courier. The 60 remaining backers were not shipped yet, however the forwarder promised that they will be picked up and begin transit to Russia on Saturday, May 30th.
    They will confirm to us when they are picked up and will confirm that all 60 backers are included in this shipment.

2. Brazil: we are close to landing another logistics partner, who will do the shipping for these units. Shipping should take 8-10 days. However, we still need the Taxpayer number (CPF in Brazil) for about 19 backers, @IvoG will manage this and approach the relevant backers, and keep all Brazilian backers informed.

3. We have received a list with lots of new “special problems”, so we can now start and continue to act on these (units returned to sender from UPS/DHL, Zip Code issues, and others). Some are relatively easy to solve with the help of the backers involved, for others we have to put our thinking caps on and get creative. Each backer involved will be invited to an unlisted thread discussing the problem and possible solutions. Also, we still have a dozen of Taiwanese resident without any Chinese name and CCID number.

4. Hong Kong deliveries: The reason these are taking so long is because our forwarder is actually using their China warehouse and not one in Hong Kong. So they ship all units into HK, and then give them to Kerry Express for the individual shipments.
    We’ve been told that the delays are coming from the customs clearance as the products enter HK. We’ve been offered the services of a company in HK for customer support, HK customers who have urgent, specific problems can get contact details from @IvoG upon request.

5. Saudi Arabia: we were told all Express deliveries (were?) / are stopped and it seems to be because of their festival Eid Al-Fitr. We’ve been informed we only can arrange the shipments beginning early June, we’re not sure of the exact date at this moment.
    We will follow up with the forwarder and let you know the status early June or as soon as we do have the information. We are not sure if this applies to other countries in the area as well but will let you know if that’s the case.

Please note that no further action from the individual backers is needed, unless specifically invited to provide extra information by @IvoG

16 Likes

@IvoGrijt

Pay attention to this topic. All 15 devices are forwarded to Russia incorrectly and returned to Hong Kong

2 Likes

Little mistake in “Wednesday June 6th” (Wednesday the 3rd or Saturday the 6th)

2 Likes