General info about shipment and manufacturing

While we wait on the forwarders to provide information back to us… Can we have an update on the QC for the very last backer batch.

Looking forward to hearing the updates from the forwarder.

@Philips_Support_N @Philips_Support_N

Any information yet when the forwarder will hand over the packages to DHL for non EU? If handed to DHL the goods would arrive in UAE within 2-3 days. So far only the AWB has been created and the goods are most likely just sitting at your forwarders warehouse.

1 Like

Again, we did not expect you to do anything yet, especially not if we don’t even know if you can even be helped at all yet. All Steve said ws that he was inquiring about the possibilities thereto.

@IvoGrijt, @Philips_Support_N

For List 3 contributors : Did we had chance to get tracking numbers? would you able to give some updates where we are and tentative timeline when we can expect to get tracking number.

Appreciate your hard work, sounds Shipment Tracking became much more complicated than Production

1 Like

Dear Backers,

As previously said, the production is now 99% finished and we are now accelerating the shipping plan. We’ve however been having difficulties recently in reaching our forwarders and getting timely updates from them. This has reached a point that we decided to send a Chinese-speaking representative to speak with them directly at their offices in China earlier on Thursday, and we had a very fruitful outcome from this meeting in terms of information gathering.

We now have a lot of information to share with you. We apologize that not all of this information is what you had expected, and some of it is not the same as what we have understood and communicated in the past.

What is important is that we now have a much better understanding of what is going on, and we know where the problems are that need to be fixed, and are proceeding in fixing these.

Before we go into the details the whole team at Philips Projection would like to apologize for the delays and sometimes apparent lack of communication, and the frustration created by them in the backers waiting for their shipments. I’m the one posting this but know that I’m speaking for all of Philips Projection in saying this.

1. For all the international air cargo shipments so far, shipping space is very limited, and our forwarder hasn’t managed to actually keep the shipments happening on the dates previously communicated to and by us. High workload on their part has prevented them from letting us know of their efforts in these regards earlier, they have promised however to keep us better informed of all successes and setbacks alike from now on.
    Specifically the following batches have the following status:
  • List 3, Batch named Jordan: Shipping for this batch will happen as follows:
    The European part will fly on Monday June 1st with the regular procedure arriving at DHL Germany.
    The non-European part will all ship direct via DHL Hong Kong, shipments starting now and spread over the next few days
  • List 3, Batches named Laurent and Amy: Shipping for these batches will happen as follows:
    The European part will fly on Saturday June 6th with the regular procedure arriving at DHL Germany.
    The non-European part will all ship direct via DHL Hong Kong, shipments starting soon and spread over the next few days after
  1. Russia: 15 backers are already on their way via a different courier. The 60 remaining backers were not shipped yet, however the forwarder promised that they will be picked up and begin transit to Russia on Saturday, May 30th.
    They will confirm to us when they are picked up and will confirm that all 60 backers are included in this shipment.

2. Brazil: we are close to landing another logistics partner, who will do the shipping for these units. Shipping should take 8-10 days. However, we still need the Taxpayer number (CPF in Brazil) for about 19 backers, @IvoG will manage this and approach the relevant backers, and keep all Brazilian backers informed.

3. We have received a list with lots of new “special problems”, so we can now start and continue to act on these (units returned to sender from UPS/DHL, Zip Code issues, and others). Some are relatively easy to solve with the help of the backers involved, for others we have to put our thinking caps on and get creative. Each backer involved will be invited to an unlisted thread discussing the problem and possible solutions. Also, we still have a dozen of Taiwanese resident without any Chinese name and CCID number.

4. Hong Kong deliveries: The reason these are taking so long is because our forwarder is actually using their China warehouse and not one in Hong Kong. So they ship all units into HK, and then give them to Kerry Express for the individual shipments.
    We’ve been told that the delays are coming from the customs clearance as the products enter HK. We’ve been offered the services of a company in HK for customer support, HK customers who have urgent, specific problems can get contact details from @IvoG upon request.

5. Saudi Arabia: we were told all Express deliveries (were?) / are stopped and it seems to be because of their festival Eid Al-Fitr. We’ve been informed we only can arrange the shipments beginning early June, we’re not sure of the exact date at this moment.
    We will follow up with the forwarder and let you know the status early June or as soon as we do have the information. We are not sure if this applies to other countries in the area as well but will let you know if that’s the case.

Please note that no further action from the individual backers is needed, unless specifically invited to provide extra information by @IvoG

16 Likes

@IvoGrijt

Pay attention to this topic. All 15 devices are forwarded to Russia incorrectly and returned to Hong Kong

2 Likes

Little mistake in “Wednesday June 6th” (Wednesday the 3rd or Saturday the 6th)

2 Likes

Hi IvoG,

I appreciate all the complexities that go into these shipments and the issues Phillips/Screeneo is having with the forwarder.

Thank you for the clear summary.

With regards to tracking numbers just looking for clarification so that we can avoid questions.

As international shipments (non EU) are going out in phases even in their individual groups, they will trickle in to backerkit correct? As it is won’t be one big group and so just because one person got from Jordan list doesn’t mean everyone should have correct?

Also I assume same process as before. Tracking number does not mean it will work right away it will still require it to reach DHL hub, unpacked and rescanned for individual shipments before it becomes available correct?

Lastly can we get updates when portions of complete lists have been shipped out? So when Jordan has all EU shipped, none EU shipped and so on? I know this may depend on communication from forwarder so might not be realistic.

Thanks again to all the Phillips / Screeneo staff that have been working on the campaign both in here and the backend.

2 Likes

In the list 3 there are batch named Betty, which was not mentioned in this update. What will happen to the batch named betty? also there was no information about shipping to backers located within mainland China, not Hong Kong. Are mainland China backers included with rest of the world? And will DHL be used for these deliveries or another company? Thanks for your hard work.

4 Likes

It’s Saturday the 6th

2 Likes

Can you please check this number 20896 if it not missing as I keep checking can not see it.

Thank you

@IvoGrijt

Forget to mention List 3 Betty??? Already shipped??

1 Like

@IvoGrijt @Philips_Support_N @imdevu

Hi! I am in Listing 3!
Backer ID :15584091.
Indidgogo ID:16430.

But I have n’t received the tracking number so far. Can you confirm it for me?

Hi @IvoGrijt, @Philips_Support_N & @Philips_Support_N

First of all, thank you for the new information and for all your help.

What about the batch named Betty? When is that due to be shipped? My projector was meant to ship in the first week of May and then got postponed to the 18th - why is it not in the first batch named Jordan? This is already the third delay for me as my projector was actually included in list 2 but got pushed into list 3 (and I was promised it would be the first to be included in the new list) as the forwarder had said they ‘could not deliver to Malta’ due to logistical reasons when in actuality they could… Please include me in the Jordan or Laurent/Amy batch. You seem to have no issue reshuffling people around… IGG ID 8036.

I can see people in the 16,xxx IGG range are in the Jordan batch and I’m not!!

Thanks

This is what I was referring to. Please note the post is from 9th April - thanks

My shipment seems to have travelled from Shenzhen to Hongkong. It seems to be really coming together now.

1 Like

@fomil I will look into this / have it looked into, thanks for pointing it out

Thanks @Davy, I got the dates like that from the meeting “notes” didn’t have time to check that! :relaxed:

I do not know how exactly the forwarder will group these, they indicated what I wrote down. But regardless of when and how he groups them, as soon as we have the tracking numbers we will upload them to Backerkit. And yes, they will still take some time from having been generated (so they can be printed and stuck onto the individual packages) to the packages being scanned by DHL for the first time.

Don’t know if we will, but I’ll keep it in mind

Betty is basically the original List 3. Those have mostly shipped already according to me, but I’ll try to double check somehow.

@PeteD: I did have to reverse engineer the list real quick, so perhaps the batches are not correct. I also saw some numbers twice in the list, some in one batch and again in another. I’ll look into that later on. Perhaps that will explain some stuff showing in a batch that you’re not expecting.

3 Likes

Thank you for the prompt reply, @IvoGrijt. I look forward to hearing your feedback on my projector and whether it will be in the Jordan list or if it has shipped out already (I do have a tracking number after all).

Thanks @IvoGrijt for the comprehensive overview, and thank you for adding Betty/Jordan/etc references to the batches. One favour: could you provide updates on the batches, as you receive updates from the forwarder? It looks like the flights scheduled for 16/18/22 were cancelled, correct? When you receive updates on flights (e.g. Monday 1st) please confirm here whether that flight actually left China and landed in Germany. Thanks!

2 Likes