General info about shipment and manufacturing

Your address was updated in Backerkit 4 months ago, but in the Masterfile only AFTER first sending the file to the forwarders.
I will check with them whether they shipped it already or not and to update the address if they haven’t yet.

Bruh, I was asking about this reply from IvoG, don’t think the “GIANT wall of yellow text” answers my question.

I’ve updated my address four months ago and still the wrong address went to the forwarder and the shipment possibly went to the wrong country, IvoG said he will check, so after two days I can’t ask?

4 Likes

Awesome

19914 is on the amy batch but what does all thr names and nr mean? Are all 6000+ units in shipping?

1 Like

This is a perfect example of a legitimate issue. @fawkeswei’s timing could’ve been better seeing my post just before, but it does illustrate my point brilliantly.

Because of all the questions and chasing that strictly speaking come more out of frustration and not knowing what’s happening than an actual “need” to ask, questions like his don’t end up getting the attention they deserve. The frustration and not knowing what to expect are all understandably though, things have not been easy for the backers or Philips Projection.

But if we’re really honest, a lot of backers have been very understanding and patient. Some have never once posted a question, or did so via a PM or mail to support. I’ve even had people post for the very first time ever just to thank me for my service to the community for instance. So they are proof that some people can get by with just reading and following and patiently waiting.

At the other end of the spectrum we’ve seen those who post over and over, sometimes cursing or attacking, threatening to involve people higher up the chain, etc. We’ve also seen some politely chasing but at a very high frequency which ultimately still ends up becoming overwhelming. Not just for us as staff but also for the fellow backers.

What we as staff will continue doing more often is move requests to either separate threads or to private messages, so as to keep this thread more on the General track that’s implied in its very name. Questions, answers, or remarks that aren’t general but individual will be moved. Anything that’s interesting for the larger audience and relevant to the latest shipping status will be allowed to stay.

My request to you all: help us to help you all.

• Think about what you’re about to say or ask, decide if you really need to post it here, or if you can find another thread to post it in, if at all.
  • Search the forum for similar posts or sentiments, and add your piece there.
  • catch up a bit before posting, either by checking the News summary using the button in the top right menu, or just scrolling through the thread a bit. That way you won’t have to ask the exact same question again, and you can perhaps make it more specific and better if you still feel the need to ask. This enhances the experience for everyone, and is welcomed by all I think.
7 Likes

@IvoGrijt,

Appreciate your hard work :grinning: today I observed round the clock response. Go take some rest. Happy Weekend :+1:

Things will fall in line, it’s matter of time

2 Likes

The names for the lists came about after I proposed the use of names for the lists when I joined the Philips Projection team.

Before that, the lists sent to the forwarders just referred to the amount of pieces they allocated. That probably works just fine in logistics, but I couldn’t wrap my head around it. Before that I had started calling the pre-notification lists List 1, List 2, List 3 on the forum, so when I proposed this to PhilipsNono and The Listmaker, they agreed, and it made our communication instantly better. What I wasn’t counting on though was for the updates to be incremental on the same file. I was hoping we would just release a new List 4, List 5, etc. Instead we ended up updating List 3 with extra backers. No problem, people could still find themselves, the whole list was gonna ship.

Fast forward to yesterday. I got the updates from the meeting our representative had with the forwarders. They gave an update about the shipments by using the piece count for the lists. Now I had a problem: I couldn’t expect backers to count or find l some other way to figure out when their units might ship. So I decided to add a column to the sheet, and put the internal name of the lists in it, hoping this could give a sense of which batch we were referring to.

But as I said two posts ago, the forwarders might have some Amy, Laurent, Jordan, and Betty all together in one flight to the EU for instance, because Betty, Jordan, Laurent and Amy all have units still in their warehouse.

So that name is telling you something, but it might also mean nothing in the actual process of getting your pledge to you.

5 Likes

Its really cute that list3 has gotten different batch names, thanks for the explanation @Ivo :slight_smile:
Plus I think the last backer deserves a pat on the back for waiting so long :stuck_out_tongue:
I’m glad i have a tracking number and am now eagerly waiting for betty to arrive in germany fingers crossed so they quickly send it on to the netherlands. I hope there’s an update next week and not the week after for betty’s sake :slight_smile:

1 Like

You know, I have been thinking of this myself. I don’t know how we can find out exactly, but the last backer to get theirs will get something from me personally. I don’t know what, nor when, but he or she will have been the most affected by the campaign and shipping delays, and I will definitely not let that go without acknowledging from my part.

Thank you for noticing, I’ve been here for you all for a long time, and it’s part of why Philips Projection approached me and asked me to come aboard officially to help them.

I was lucky as an early backer (456) that I got my unit before the Corona crisis started. Once the crisis hit me as well by ending my consultancy contract prematurely and being home in lockdown, I just poured my time, heart and soul into the forum. This was noticed and I was out of the blue promoted to moderator by @Philips_Support_P, after which my involvement really took off.

Since becoming part of the official team I’ve been sleeping very little, working through the nights to reach the forwarders in a time zone 6 hours ahead of mine, and fielding questions from backers 6 hours behind mine, only to do the same again during the day for the backers in roughly the same timezone. Not just in the forum now but also in the ticket system, Backerkit system, DHL tracking sites, and many Excel sheets.

But at the end of the day, posts like yours really make me smile inside. Or someone posting a pic of the PPX box on their table. Or a user thanking us for helping with an issue. Those posts make it all worth my time.

So thank YOU!

10 Likes

Thank you. Your presence on the forum has not gone unnoticed, with a worldwide project like this timezones are indeed a thing. It seems we’re on the last stretch now all units have been produced so there is light at the end of the tunnel. Good night :slight_smile:

1 Like

@IvoGrijt Hey man, any chance you could let me know if my unit is anywhere on the lists, i cant see it on list 3? 21201

Thanks for all the updates and persistence, its been very helpful to keep track of!

If you searched and couldn’t find it then it’s not on the lists yet. Don’t worry, by next week all devices produced will have been allocated to campaign backers.

2 Likes

So, just received an update email regarding shipping transparency. And I really appreciate that.
But just to confirm, the Betty batch was accepted and already shipped by DHL?

I think urs and the new update is pretty comprehensive…
I’m holding on to the excitement till I get my actual tracking cos that is where the fun lies !

1 Like

I am getting following message for customs in Dubai,UAE:

Further Detail:
Further clearance processing is required. Next Step:

A DHL representative shall attempt to contact importer or shipper if any further information is required to complete the entry. Customer should contact DHL Customer Service if not reached by DHL

@Philips_Support_N @IvoGrijt Is it normal or some action is required from your side?

1 Like

Your list here says List 3 118 Jordan , while the latest update on Indiegogo emailed a few hours ago is 116 with less contributor IDs than 118

1 Like

I think they simply copy and paste the text with links without any editing. the “116” in the email update and the “118” you saw should reflect the number of clicks the link has been clicked, as of now, it is at “121” clicks.

4 Likes

standard message. wait a couple of days. It should go through.

1 Like

Hi,

I’m a backer from Armenia :armenia:
On May 22, I received an email from BackerKit, saying:

Your order for Philips PicoPix Max - 1080p Full HD Pico Projector has a tracking number!

Checking the provided link to Kerry Express, though it wasn’t working for the first few days, I finally saw the report and it says that the package has been delivered on May 18, 4 days before receiving the tracking number. And the best part is that I haven’t received any packages.

I waited this long, for any changes or fixes, but it still says the same.

By the way, I’m in list 3, under batch name Jordan.
Any suggestions?

Contribution ID: 14533

2 Likes

Hi @SevanEl

I am in the same boat as you. Kerry Express is only for HK backers. You should get a revised one soon.

3 Likes