General info about shipment and manufacturing

Yes, Within a few days, Nope!
This is yours for instance:

I can’t say how much longer it will take as I have no experience with this route or DHL in Saudi Arabia, but I’d say anytime now!

Tracking numbers for all Saudi Arabia and Brazil shipments will be uploaded to Backerkit within the next few hours.

2 Likes

Question ;( not a complaint , I understand that logistics is a nightmare right now due to COVID) I’m in New York, got tracking number May 30th , but still no info oh DHL website . Anyone else in the same situation that’s seen any update on DHL ?

1 Like

Thank you very much @IvoGrijt

This is more information than I expected. They did an excellent job by bringing you on the frontline if not the rest. :sweat_smile:

It is already in my city. Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:t2:

2 Likes

We talk about lists and gave them names to differentiate them, but the forwarder only communicated back the flights, and (earlier) the number of pieces in each batch / list. So I understand that you feel it’s vague, I feel the same, and can’t quite put it down to intended vagueness by them or just a combination of not being thorough and clear enough, and lost in translation. I for one try to always be as clear as I can be to the point of annoying people sometimes, but what I reported here is almost verbatim to what I got from them (minus a few spelling and grammatical corrections). I just choose to be positive and hope that when they say “the shipments” or “the goods” that they mean All the goods we sent them in those batches / lists, divided by region.

I think when DHL gets to scan it and know when they’ll be able to deliver it to you. Right now DHL doesn’t even know of these packages in Germany because they haven’t traveled with DHL yet; yes they have a DHL ticket, but they were on a different plane to get to the DHL service.

Compare it somewhat to you booking a ticket with KLM that also allows you to travel by train to the airport. Until you check in at the airport, your technically not on KLM’s flight yet, but you’ve already been issued the ticket.

No, you’ve got this wrong.
The shipments took a flight to Europe sometime before the 10th of June. After landing there they had to go through customs, they were expected to be released today to the logistic partner of the forwarder in Germany. They will arrange for DHL DE to pickup the batches, and DHL DE will then scan all the individual boxes in one by one. At this point the tracking actually starts to work and you can follow it.

10 days to reach, no. 10 days since they said they would start working on it, in which time they had to ship them from their Chinese warehouse (where we sent them to) to Hong Kong, and the customs there had to inspect the whole lot first. Once cleared and released to the warehouse of the forwarder in Hong Kong, they will arrange for DHL HK to pickup the batches, and DHL HK will then scan all the individual boxes in one by one. At this point the tracking actually starts to work and you can follow it.

Some comments were made earlier about us “blaming” DHL, and about their services for years.
Nowhere in my communication above do I blame DHL for anything. In fact, like I explained (again just now), DHL doesn’t even know about these packages until they scan them.
It’s like when you buy a stamp and put it on an envelope and put it in the mailbox on Friday night. If you tell me you put it on the mail and I check with the postal office they’ll say “we don’t know nothing about that letter”. Which is entirely correct, as in the weekends the mailman doesn’t empty the mailboxes until Sunday afternoon at 6. So until he does and they scan the letter back at the post office, they won’t know my letter even exists. If based on what they tell you you call me a liar, then that would not be fair really, for I did put the letter in the mailbox when I said I did.

Just like there’s a wait period in the weekend, so is there a wait period in our shipping. Only difference is that the wait period isn’t exactly clear nor constant, and instead of giving some leeway in these difficult times for cargo shippers and shipments (including DHL by the way, despite their years of good service they’re not immune to for example the decrease in cargo capacity on planes and increased prioritization of medical supplies for instance), some backers immediately jump on their phones and laptops and start to ask nicely/complain/heckle the fact that it took longer than 2/10/14 days, most of which is understandable and forgivable I guess.

So those who inquired with DHL (via phone or by using their tracking websites) days after getting a tracking label and were told that no such package was known to them, were not lied to by DHL or us. Nor are we blaming DHL for the delay in tracking to become active.

5 Likes

Same situation for me, today… in US with no DHL tracking so far.

Please see our [FAQ] Tracking and Shipping #4 for an explanation for this.

Thanks

1 Like

Not target you, lvoG. Apparently Philips or the forwarder did not tell the truth, in fact DHL has not received the goods so far. (Taiwan)

@IvoG…I have question. Looking the above information of @yrgt, I observed that the package travelled from UAE to Bahrain and then to its destination- Saudi Arabia. Yet it hasn’t been sent to Bahrain yet.
Who is this forwarders of yours who does not know how the logistics works in this region? All the PPMs for this region (Bahrain, UAE, Saudi Arabia, etc.)could have been sent in one go as all of them would have received their PPMs. @Philips_Support_N @Philips_Support_N

1 Like

Yup, would’ve been nice if all GCC shipments would’ve been sent in one go, as Dubai is just an hour’s drive away from me in Abu Dhabi - although I don’t even have tracking number yet.

1 Like

…and I think this would be the same else where too…I think the package sorting guys should have done their research.

A post was merged into an existing topic: What to update and what not?

@IvoGrijt can you update the table in news section plz? It’s unclear about if amy/Laurent batch has been sent (still ‘expected shipping between 6 and 10th’)

2 Likes

can someone tell me if the following tracking number is now live:

CR071952455DE

And which service should I contact to request delivery address change, German or UK? Will they be able to identify the package at this stage using this number?
I am ok to pay for forwarding to the new address. Do they need confirmation that this new address is ok from the sender? Can you do that for me on your end?

Thank you
M

Did you try any of those? Works for German DHL Track & Trace

Looks like a recycled tracking number ,but yours was created on the same as mine 31.05 and there aren’t any new updates. It is expected to start moving on Monday, same as mine.

1 Like

As soon as it goes live, you contact DHL in the UK.
If you can’t arrange it with them then, let us know ASAP.

1 Like

Did you get a tracking label? If so, it was sent. If not, then it wasn’t. That’s what I’m operating on based on what I’ve been told by the forwarders.

3 Likes

The problem was that our regular forwarders were told (by DHL? :man_shrugging:t4:) that Saudi Arabia didn’t have service or can’t take batteries.

(Snapshot from actual exceptions list sent to us weeks ago)

So we then went to another forwarder, which probably charged more but was more aware than you all may think of how things now work cargo-wise in the region, because they circumvented the import issue by flying it to Bahrein instead apparently and probably just drive it over like @kmak123 suggested.

I think you’re still stuck thinking about how things used to work in the pre-COVID-19 pandemic cargo shipping world. The forwarders just tell DHL where they want to ship to, and DHL tells them what they know they can do at this moment in time, regardless of what they used to be able to do in the past. Whether you feel it’s illogical doesn’t matter if customs and borders are closed for certain goods from certain places. It could very well be that they allow the same goods to enter from Bahrain but not from China or Hong Kong.

In any case, rather than focus and dwell on how the unit should’ve gotten to you however I’d suggest you look at the positive side, which is that a way was found and that your wait is almost over. :partying_face:

2 Likes

You could be right, we (PhilipsNono) were apparently misinformed by them, or we misunderstood, or they had the intention of having this done but them didn’t follow through on their promise. As I explained in the update I gave on the 28th of May not much had actually happened. The question and answer you’re pointing to is from the 18th of May, before I gave that update. So any conclusions or points you may want to raise I feel were already addressed in my update of the 28th of May.

Yes, what PhilipsNono said was incorrect, but it was based on what they had told him had & would happen around the 16th-20th of May. But as I shared with you on the 28th, we learned after we sent our representative to talk to them that they had not in fact actioned on the goods as was promised. That was unfortunate but I personally shared with you all what happened and what we were now told would happen going forward.

I hope this eases your quest for transparency and truth.

Ivo

2 Likes

@IvoGrijt, or whoever,

My Picopix is still not delivered. I was part of the Betty batch shipment last May 18. Status is the same as of June 3! No delivery attempt (I’m home the whole time) and I didn’t even choose a packstation! I have already contacted DHL 4x for the past week, latest this afternoon. They confirmed that tracking number is under my name and address. As of earlier, they said to contact the seller as they also cannot track it!!

Please note that this was handled by Vigo Logistics GmbH!

My contribution ID: 15917. I’m really frustrated since I’ll be moving out of my current residence soon.