General info about shipment and manufacturing

Thank you, I did. Is this the first time they are dealing with German customs? Is it the first for their forwarder? Some PPMs have already been sent to EU earlier. All we get is “be patient, its almost there” for the past months and months.
I have asked if my Laurent PPM was actually sent on the day they said it was sent originally? Are all Laurent list PPMs in German customs now? Simple yes or no. Philips must know that surely. Simply put if that is the case and all Laurent PPMs are with German customs all is ok, it is being handled however if they have not been sent we are being deceived.

2 Likes

They don’t. The batches (Laurent, Jordan, etc) were picked up by their forwarder, then they were all tossed and scrambled, and then half of Jordan and half of Laurent went to Europe in a plane. Until the projectors re-appear in a DHL distribution center, nobody knows where they are. Last time it took about 2-3 weeks for the pickup, plane to Belgium, then customs in Germany, and then DHL can pick them up and the projects can be tracked again. After that, it should be an easy ride. Hang in there.

5 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Shipment status - Ingo

Hi, @IvoGrijt,

Have you rested yet? If not, please take a break. I see you were replying message a few minutes ago. We can wait for the list, please take care about your health.

4 Likes

Thanks for asking Wayne! :blush:

Actually, I was supposed to spend the evening enjoying the PPX with my wife when I fell asleep on the couch, for about 2,5 hours, all the sleep I’ve had since waking up at Monday morning at 4:00. When I got up at 23:00 to go to bed I saw a few tickets had come in that needed attention, remembered I still had to update the list, and went down to my office instead, where I’ve been sitting for the past 4 hours working on cases.

So many issues and incidents that would’ve been avoided or not present if we didn’t have this Covid pandemic wreaking havoc like it has:

• people would be at work or designated delivery address, so less returned shipments
  • less address changes needed
  • faster manufacturing and fulfillment
  • faster shipping
  • possibly better communication with forwarder due to less load and stress?
  • less frustrated backers (sometimes understandbly so) also wreaking havoc
  • etc.

In any case, I’m going to update the list with those we have planned now. If more are needed / come forward we will just keep sending more lists to the forwarders until everyone is fulfilled.

1 Like

Shipping (Allocation) News!:

• I updated List3 with the latest named batch named Joy consisting of 573 units.
    Note that the list itself has not been sent to the forwarders yet but I wanted to ease the fears of being left out for some of the anxious backers so I posted it, a bit later than promised due to being careful and diligent, but it’s here now.
    There are six backers that did not sign up via Indiegogo and therefore do not have a contribution ID, so they’re represented by their Backerkit ID

• The DHL tracking labels for the ROW shipments have started to become active, but not all are yet.If yours isn’t please give it some more time. There may also be some that are not handled by DHL which may not have been picked up yet, or picked up by the courier but not yet scanned in.

• At the close of day yesterday the EU shipments were still in custody of the German customs due to administrative reasons and decisions, hopefully today that impasse can be broken and we can see movement on those shipments also. Once I know more about what is going on I’ll let you guys know.

14 Likes

Thanks for the update man, i really appreciate.
Go to sleep now. :bed: :arrow_right: :sleeping_bed:

4 Likes

Finally on a list! :smiley: Thanks for the hard work, looking forward to it actually being on the way.

3 Likes

Yes! Mine’s also on the list, finally!!
Hope you are having sufficient amount of sleep @IvoGrijt.

2 Likes

When the tracking of jordan list for international locations will be active? I have received the tracking details on 30th May but still not showing any data.
Appreciate for your update

1 Like

The pickup by DHL seems to have started yesterday, so I hope that within a few days every ROW shipment from the previous batches should be scanned in.

3 Likes

Please good German customs people, please release our projectors. :slight_smile: Let’s have our fingers crossed today, cause they are seriously messing up my plans. I ain’t happy, but it is what it is. Thanks Ivo for the update in the early morning…I have a feeling you’re a robot :smiley:

4 Likes

It’s worse than that, I’m a human who thinks he’s a robot but gets emotional and starts to leak oil. :robot:

2 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: “Forgotten” Backers

@IvoGrijt @Philips_Support_N @Philips_Support_N

I got a general question about shipping, forward it to you as you can be talking on behalf of Philips.

I found more than couple of people whose Indiegogo backer IDs are above 15-18k, from Russia as well, they insisted on news, and they were getting updates about their deliveries, apologies and dates to expect. While my number is 7455, and I just sit and wait, and get nothing.

I understand that 7455 is not an early backer. But in compared to 20000, it could be considered so. I backed on 9th of September.

I would have really appreciated if you could have put me first in line earlier, with those ones who have backed same dates with me. The delivery queue should’ve been formed on Philips side automatically, but not the way - who texted more, gets more.

4 Likes

I can’t speak about or explain why you have been overlooked so far Nikolaj, as I wasn’t part of the team putting together the lists at the time when you should’ve been included.

What I do know is that all Russian backers were recently shipped or are in the process of being shipped at the moment. So even those before or after you are all in the same position time wise now.

Logistics like this meant we couldn’t always stick to just backing order, if we could insta-deliver to you home direct from manufacturing then yes we would’ve done it all based on backing order alone.

It seems we have some movement in Germany: the tracking numbers for EU are no longer working. Before any of you hit ‘Reply’ and complain, this is actually a good thing, since we saw the same happening in prior batches. Hopefully we’ll be able to see the projectors re-surface on the European side of customs, and we can finally track the delivery (fingers crossed)

6 Likes

Same here… finger crossed…

1 Like

Yes and no. Or the way germans are saying it: jein (ja = yes, nein = no)

Currently dhl.de doesn’t show ANY tracking at all. Which might be a bug on their side affecting only their website. The Android mobile app of DHL Germany though, keeps showing the trackings.

2 Likes

I like gifs

4 Likes