General info about shipment and manufacturing

Just received the update on dhl site!!
Iā€™ve tried to run a little bit up in the older posts but cannot find the info. How much time could it be now for the ppm to be here in Italy from France?

Technically yes, but to own a car in a different country other than your own (or out of EU) you will need to get your license converted for insurance purposes normally. Thereā€™s normally a grace period of 1 year, but thatā€™s the basic explanation of what happens in the UK anyway. I was wrong about hiring a car, now thinking about it.

2 Likes

Yep, i suspected the timezone, but wanted a reason to cry :sob: (not :grinning:) my tracking has also been updated to the next step, whatever that means. ā€¦ So looking good for hopefully next weekā€¦ :+1::+1::grinning:

For the European driving, UK is pushing for converting a EU licence to a UK licence (they actually replace the EU licence with their UK one and then you need an extra driving lesson and test to prove that you understand and can drive abroad! So iā€™ve been told) :thinking:
Also, renting cars and car insurance tend to be more expensive if you have an EU licence (event though i have been driving in the UK daily for over 20 years with a clean licence!). I keep my French EU licence for driving during holiday in EU (family etc)
Driving at the end of the year? it all depends if they align with EU (the database links between UK and EU licence might be cut?)

3 Likes

Sorry, I forgot that itā€™s different if youā€™re not a resident.

My tracking is active :slight_smile:
Batch Jordan, to France (so EU)

Shipment news:
:scroll: :film_projector: :package: :truck: :flight_departure: :flight_arrival: :package: :truck: :mailbox_with_mail:

I just added all the IndieGogo Contribution IDs (and a few Backerkit IDs) from the Batch named Joy that we sent to the forwarders June 19, 2020 2:17 PM to List 3

This means they will start to book and create labels to print and sticker on the packages, getting things ready to ship this Monday (if my information is correct and they get a flight -EU) and to ship to Hong Kong for customs inspection there and subsequent pcikup by DHL in the coming week.

Unfortunately this will not be the last batch to ship. There are more units that will need to ship out as replacement units for lost / stolen / defective returns, as well as perhaps the still forgotten backer despite all we could do to include everyone in this one. Plus, there are people still backing, even at the current price! :sunglasses:

So if youā€™re still not on this list, please post your contribution ID and/or Backerkit ID here: "Forgotten" Backers

3 Likes

So I have gone from shipped, arrived already in Italy not the UK (so old info), to awaiting info, or not a shipment, depending where you enter it :wink:

1 Like

My tracking is active too

My package was scaned at 17:35

1 Like

when are the ROW Laurent backers supposed to receive the tracking numbers?
It seems like that you are now working on Joy, but I havenā€™t got any notification from the forwarder yet.

2 Likes

I donā€™t understand whatā€™s happening with Taiwan shipments. Stuff is being delivered but weā€™re not getting any tracking numbers whatsoever. So we canā€™t upload them to Backerkit for you guys either.

Iā€™ll send an email to the forwarder asking about this, but Iā€™m not holding my breath.

@IvoGrijt Can you plz confirm whether my ID details are sent to forwarders.
IGG No: 13194

@IvoGrijt Sorry to badger you but I am a little bit stressed about my address change issue. You asked me for the ticket number and I didnā€™t think I had one, as the auto reply mail got sorted by gmail into ā€˜Promotionsā€™. Sorry. I replied with the ticket number which is #23238 but I havenā€™t heard anything more. I have been patient and Iā€™m not worried about waiting for my delivery, but I am moving house and the delays have caused this to happen at the worst time (I am in the Joy list). It may already be too late if you have sent the list todayā€¦ :frowning:

Does mine count as lost at this stage or am I still waiting for dhl to find it after the 3months theyā€™ve had it?

Talking about the mess of shipping to Brazil, I had to pay 130% of the total value for clearance. I was informed that itā€™s because of the ā€œExpressā€ shipping and it would have been cheaper for regular shipping. I thought the company in charge of shipping to Brazil had ā€œexperienceā€. It seems that Brazilian backers paid the retail price for this projector. Anyway, I am expecting to recieve it in few days. I really hope the projector arrives with no hardware issue. Thanks for the attention @IvoGrijt.

So by when I should file a lost in transit with you as I have noticed that numerous of others have received theirs, most(if not all) had contact from the customs earlier in the month, while I had neither.

1 Like

Hey guys, does anyone know what this status means exactly?

Amy batch Europe. The tracking number is still inactive. When is it supposed to change?

I have the same message, but what I find interesting/weird.
We know that the shipment was sent from German customs to DHL France.
But still it says :
ā€¦posted by the sender at the retail outlet
Germany

Weirdā€¦

3 Likes

Dunno. Mine still says no shipment details with tracking number given. Been like that for 3 weeks. Lol

1 Like

That is not weird. Itā€™s just how logistics works nowadays.
Packages were flown form China to Europe, but were not yet registered in the tracking system with any other information other than that the tracking number was generated electronically at some point.
Itā€™s not the first time Iā€™m experiencing this with an international shipment.
This is also why you will see the first movements in the tracking not being located in China, but somewhere in Europe.