General info about shipment and manufacturing

Congrats! Lucky you! I keep waiting…

Hi Ivo,

I have followed this post both in a PM to you and an email to support@screeneo .com. I have not received any update from either and I have not even received an acknowledgement email from screeneo. I get that yous are all very busy and have tried to be patient but the fact that my PPM has now been in the UK for 2 weeks but DHL have no record of a delivery for my address it is getting frustrating. I have not changed address, or any details for that matter, since I contributed so any mistake is on Philips/DHL’s end.

2 Likes

Jordan batch (31. May), unit received yesterday, but due to work, I’m powering it up right this moment and running software update.

Packaging is excellent, build quality as well.
Tripod screw is a bit too short. :face_with_monocle::nut_and_bolt:

Too bad it’s a day already. :man_shrugging:

I can feel, tonight is a movie night. :smile::smile:

2 Likes

Hi @IvoGrijt

Please can you provide a status update from the forwarder?

Thanks

3 Likes

I’m in the same boat JonHoff. Waiting since tracking number generated on 20 May. It’s frustrating that we received campaign updates and limited time offers to purchase additional units at a discount, but there seems to be little initiative beyond IvoG to resolve, what appears to be, a large issue with shipping. I don’t want to hear about sales, I want to here what Philips is doing to resolve problems.

3 Likes

Hi everyone who’s still waiting on an answer from me.

Due to personal reasons I’ve had to take it a bit easier the last few days. The rest of the support team is busy with the technical support calls while I’m getting almost all the logistical support questions. A big thank you to all who politely chased me and did not get angry, or at least didn’t show it to me. I have not forgotten about you.

The rest of the campaign team has been busy with the 2020 line-up the past few weeks, so while the fulfillment of this campaign is still important to us all, I’m the only one at the moment working 90% of the time on the logistics of this campaign. The other 10% of my time I’m working on the forum, moderating and answering questions here.

The forwarder’s team seems very focused on getting our instructions and doing the bulk shipments, but doesn’t seem very keen or capable in handling the exceptions, probably due to the language barriers.
I have sent one-off requests to the forwarder and gotten little to no feedback, so I’m going to switch my system of dealing with the requests. I’m going to make a sheet with the following issues, each a separate one handling only those cases, and see if I can get feedback faster:

• Returned 2 Sender
  • Shipping Exception DHL (no progress / stuck in Germany / stuck in UK / stuck by Amazon / still in transit)
  • Tracking Not Working / Not Shipped (label given before 20-6-2020 but not working; probably not shipped then somehow)
  • Lost / Stolen in Transit / Upon Delivery
  • Other issues

the bolded parts can be used as subject lines when mailing support, see below

Once I get feedback, I’ll start by updating the tickets first, then circling back to the forum PM’s, mentions, threads, etc. I’m aiming to have this all done by the end of the week, so that next week we can have feedback or resolution to these issues.

If you do not yet have a ticket, but have PM’d, mentioned, posted in a thread, or otherwise communicated using the forum only, please send an email with one of the subject lines in the table above, to support@screeneo.com to open a ticket, and copy your issue from the forum into the email. What helps me is if, when you have an issue, provide us with as much information as you have. Yes we can look it all up, but that takes extra time, when you probably have the information, your information, already at hand. So if you have an issue with your shipment or tracking code, it helps me if you provide me with:

• your name or email you backed with if different from the one you’re mailing the support desk with
  • your address postcode at least, the full address if you don’t mind
  • the actual tracking code
  • your IndieGoGo contribution ID
  • your Backerkit ID
  • if it’s a follow up request, the number of the previous ticket if known, or just replying to the last email received in the previous ticket submitted
  • the steps you’ve already done to solve this issue you’re facing
  • as detailed a description of your issue or request as possible

This saves me from having to look up info in all sorts of systems before I can start to find a solution.

If you already do have a ticket, but did not have all these details in it, please REPLY to the email you got back last from the supportdesk system and add any of the above not yet present in the ticket.

This allows me to sort / filter based on subject line in the support desk tool, and collect all the separate cases into the sheets I’m working on.

There’s just too much going on and everyone’s issue is important to us, so I need to find a way to solve them all for you guys. I hope this works to help get the huge bulk of tickets and issues down to a manageable amount where we can have answers within a day at the most. At the moment the tickets come in faster than we can handle them, mostly because a lot of users keep sending new emails instead of replying to the existing (automated) responses they got from the system or us.

That’s my update on these so far, I’ll go back now ti the supportdesk side and will keep you guys posted on my progress throughout the days.

Ivo

5 Likes

Thanks for the update Ivo!
I hope everything gets solved quick and well on your personal matter.

Regarding the logistic issues I hope Philips can assign you some help to unlock the situation. I fully understand that having to manage hundreds of issues is too much for one single person.

I appreciate your update as it gives some clarity that at least something is going on behind the scenes with our deliveries.

2 Likes

My personal matter was that yesterday was my 21st wedding anniversary, and I wanted to spend some more time with my wife and kids instead of the forum and campaign work. I did not quite manage to fully peel away from this but I spent more time with them than I had been doing lately.

And you’re right, it is a lot for one person to do, and I’m not all alone. But it takes a lot of time and effort to train someone new, if I hadn’t been following the forum since the inception and had some consultancy / support desk skills myself, I would not have been able to get on board and do this so quickly.

Once we finish the campaign I’m going to be giving a lot of recommendations to the team regarding things we should’ve done differently or better, in communication, in planning, in logistics, etc. for the team to take into consideration if they ever do another crowdfunding campaign again. I’ve been following some other Indiegogo campaign and many face some of the same issues we do, and have at times found creative solutions for these, when at other times our solution is still better than theirs if any.

Please just bear with me, you’ll all get your products as soon as we can get them to you, and we’ll keep updating the software to make them still relevant for years to come.

16 Likes

@IvoGrijt belated happy wedding anniversary :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Belated happy Marriage Anniversary mate @IvoGrijt . Hope you had a good day. I read in the news tab that all the tracking numbers for JOY are updated in backerkit.I do have a tracking number there In backerkit but its for the initial product that i received. This time its a replacement. How do i get the tracking number for this shipment
Really appreciate your reply :slight_smile: have a good day

1 Like

Already e-mailed support@screeneo and received an automated response - “Your request ((24586) has been received and is being reviewed by our support staff”
Just waiting , no any suggestion. How long does it take? one month , three month or one year .

1 Like

My second cinema evening. Very happy with the projector! Show Titanic to my 11 years old daughter:)

2 Likes

Ivo, we talked in another topic! I’m from Brazil and my projector and other 6 people were forgotten to send us the projector with the other brazilian backers last month, even i sending you my CPF (tax pay number in Brazil). I’m tired of asking about my shipment. Could you give update, please send my projector as you promissed me two weeks ago! I want a tracking number, and answers!

My contribution number: 12368

Hi @IvoGrijt, @Philips_Support_N, @Philips_Support_N

• Its now entering the 6th week after receipt of the tracking number. Still not live.
  • I’ve sent an e-mail to support@screeneo. Still no response.
  • I’ve waited 9 months for delivery. Still no PPM

Has the time not come to engage a new forwarder? Or deal with DHL directly? At what point does the inconvenience to your customers outweigh the affordability of the shipping?

I recall @Philips_Support_N complaining that DHL shipping was prohibitively expensive because of CoVid. What appears to have happened is that Screeneo found a cheap forwarder who negotiated with DHL to ship the packages “if and when” DHL was shipping to a particular country.

Whilst this may have worked for Europe (I assume there are many shipments a week to Europe), it doesn’t work for the more outlying countries (in my case South Africa).

I urge you to reconsider the manner in which you are shipping the PPMs. The situation is becoming untenable.

4 Likes

True. Large number of early backers including me r waiting for long to resolve this issue.

Contribution ID:18452
@IvoGrijt Can you provide tracking numbers for packages?
please don’t tell me any “Useless information” . Just simple question.
Have you sent the goods yet or not ? WHY?

2 Likes

Backerkit hasn’t updated my address was there something I didn’t do. Sorry to hassle.

Tracking numbers for all shipped packages are provided via Backerkit; Apparently not; Don’t know.

3 Likes

Hi, obviously something wrong here. Let me see if I can get any information for you.
Steve

Hi @Philips_Support_N same situation here with shipment to south america (Peru). Got tracking number on may 30th. Not live, already send email with all the info requested by @IvoGrijt to support request 24594.
Can we have insight about this?