General info about shipment and manufacturing

Backerkit hasn’t updated my address was there something I didn’t do. Sorry to hassle.

Tracking numbers for all shipped packages are provided via Backerkit; Apparently not; Don’t know.

3 Likes

Hi, obviously something wrong here. Let me see if I can get any information for you.
Steve

Hi @Philips_Support_N same situation here with shipment to south america (Peru). Got tracking number on may 30th. Not live, already send email with all the info requested by @IvoGrijt to support request 24594.
Can we have insight about this?

@Philips_Support_N We have received tracking a week ago and there is no movement. Do we need to wait for 2 months then send questions and ask what is going? If not then why there is no movement. Or if you not hand the package to DHL then why there is tracking number.

Thank you

The shipment has to come to EU first before it’s scanned by DHL after going through customs, this is nothing new by now. That’s why you have tracking numbers that are not active yet.

Please check out our [FAQ] Tracking and Shipping for an explanation for all this

This applies for EU, for the ROW (Rest of the World) it means that the shipment hasn’t been through Hong Kong customs yet to be delivered to the HK warehouse where DHL will pick them up.

2 Likes

That applies for all countries? Even Australia?

1 Like

Thank you

1 Like

Franco, and all the rest still waiting:

I’ve asked about many shipments, sometimes specifically, sometimes generally to a country. The answers are often not clear if I get them at all. Usually they are just statuses, like country X is not allowing batteries into their borders, or country Y is only taking medical supplies. I very seldom get offered solutions or actual ownership by the forwarders that they will do their best in shipping these, or at least tell us they can’t.
But that doesn’t mean we aren’t still working on these, it’s just so damn difficult for no reason other than language barriers it seems at times.

I’ll try to collect all cases again, send status update requests to the forwarder, and follow up on them to you this week.

So everyone that still has an issue, please make sure you’ve opened a ticket with support on it. Don’t open new ones by sending new emails. One of the things that delays my work helping you out more than anything else is opening a new ticket only to read “I’ve sent you many emails already” and no further details, meaning I have to go find the other tickets first and merge them into one, before I can even start working on them.

So to find out the best way to contact us with a shipping issue, please see my post: General info about shipment and manufacturing

If you have any issue with shipping and already have a ticket, reply to that using the information in that post.
If you don’t have a ticket yet, send mail to support@screeneo.com with one of the subject lines mentioned in that post.

Ivo

3 Likes

Thank you @Philips_Support_N… I look forward to hearing from you

Hi @IvoGrijt

You are definitely being lied to by your forwarder. I’ve telephone both DHL South Africa as well as DHL Hong Kong. Both confirm that my tracking number is valid, but that no shipment has been picked up with that tracking number in the last 60 days.

I fear that in Screeneo’s attempts to save costs, its actually going to cost them a lot more to reship new PPMs directly from China to South Africa without using the freight forwarder

1 Like

I don’t know if they’re lying, but they certainly aren’t always doing what we asked them to do, which is to ship!

They did send us a file on the 28th of May saying, among other things, “South Africa only accepts medical supplies”. But: they also sent us a tracking number for shipments to South Africa. When we pushed them to ship to everyone, they only really told us to look for another solution when it came to Saudi Arabia and Brazil. So we did and found solutions. But having gotten the tracking number to us meant “It’s done! Taken care of, shipped!” so we didn’t chase these further and just waited for the deliveries to happen.

The tracking numbers are to DHL, us, and ultimately to our backers, a contract, an acknowledgment and covenant that says “I have taken actual steps to get this shipped as safely as possible to this person on that address“. If they can’t or haven’t taken the steps, they should not hand over the contract number as they can’t fulfill the promise they made. There’s a difference between a tracking number temporarily not working while the package is waiting to be scanned, and a tracking number never becoming active as the shipment never took place.
We did not know for the longest time which was the reason the tracking wasn’t working, but I guess by now we found out it was the latter(in some but not all the cases).

We also keep track of our fulfillment, and promise our customers their shipment is underway, via those tracking numbers, but this way of working by our forwarder makes liars out of us and unfulfilled backers out of you. When they send us a file full of tracking numbers including some they haven’t or will not ship, it screws up everything as we can’t check each one of them piece by piece. You all do however check your own label and tell us they don’t work, to which we then reply “please be patient” until we also realize finally that the reason it’s not working is because it hasn’t been shipped at all.

As frustrating as all of this is to you, it is 1000 fold to us. And believe me, money isn’t the only issue or reason for choosing them. They promised something and mostly delivered on the promise, as we’ve delivered over 10K by my estimate. It’s when they can’t due to arguably understandable circumstances that they show their weaknesses.

In any case, we’ve been discussing this situation all morning from 5am and are still busy on it. As soon as we’ve found a solution not just for South African backers but also other unserviced regions, we will let you know.

5 Likes

Thanks @IvoGrijt… Will wait to hear from you.

Just to let you know… Its false that South Africa is only accepting medical supplies. I’ve received packages from DHL and other couriers from other countries.

1 Like

But have you received a shipment containing a large battery from Hong Kong via DHL?

1 Like

No… can’t say I have

1 Like

1 Like

Received my tracking code 20 May and it has never updated. I have reached out on here as well as have emailed support on 2 July, request number 24761, and haven’t gotten anything but the automated acknowledgement. Can I get an update on my order status?

So, after 8 days, the tracking number became active on DHL website.
Another little joy for Joy group, keep calm, keep your hope, and keep the social distance :smiley:

4 Likes

Hi PhilipsNono,

Indigogo id 9637
backer id 15588956
I am from list 2 and till now i got 3 tracking number that non of them work.
15/04/2020 - 2630212966
30/052020 - 2630223444
1/06/2020 CR071962917DE
zip code 7545440
From Israel
I am not on any other new list.
Please check how shipping can be expedited.
I am waiting from September, I am tired of following the status as there is really no change.
I sent several emails without receiving a proper response.

Waiting for a final answer When will I get the projector?

Regards,

Yaniv

1 Like

It shows me number and asks for PIN code but when i add the same it just show same page again…
what does it mean tracking became active?