General info about shipment and manufacturing

Hi @Philips_Support_N,

I’m Backer ID #1986, in Shanghai, with order number #11583588.
I’m not in the list you communicated…
However you said that the forgotten numbers below 4000 would be shipped…
No information about Asia, only Europe/Australia/NZ.
I’m quite a patient guy, but now I don’t know what to think. I’m matching many time your shipment description but I m never in.
As we are only 15 in China are you postponing us Everytime?
Because on the lvl of unfairness is pretty high…

Hope you can reply me.

2 Likes

Hi @Philips_Support_N, I have not received an email from DHL to review my address but I can see using the tracking code that they split of Line1 and Line2 of the address went wrong. They are basically shipping it to my city with no address. I have tried to contact them but they cannot modify the address, only the Sender can do it. Any solution? many thanks

Hey @Philips_Support_N - Just to be clear is that 1,170 or 1,570 pieces in this batch? :smile:

1,170 + 400 for Distributors.

1 Like

Ah, of course, that makes sense.

Hey @Nicobda

I’m pretty sure the forgotten numbers under 4,000 were EU only - this thread for details:

The shipment they were forgotten from was an EU Shipment - hope Asia will be coming up soon for you - the factories seem to be operating far more smoothly already.

What I find sad is that some ppl that supported them from the beginning (first month), and willing participate in the project of founding, found themselves being postponed.
When other ppl having back at the full price 1/2month ago got it already. (I’m not mad at them)

I understand that shipment has to be efficient, but waiting that those 9ppl become a number “worth enough” to ship, is against the spirit of founding/reward.
(and I’m living in the same country, where they produce… not like there is customs or shipment…)

Find that situation sad.
+9 month waiting for the product
+3 month waiting after it came out officially
I wonder how many units they did in total until now

Oh and also never mentioning us…

3 Likes

Hi @Philips_Support_N
Thanks for the update. :+1: When do you guys ship again to the US, and will it cover all remaining backers located here? :nerd_face: If not, how many pieces would be shipped? 500 or 1k? Moreover, how many backers in the US are yet to receive the PPM as of now? It was never clear to me if the list you recently published is a list of total backers or of backers that have not received their perk yet.
Thanks in advance! :innocent:

Any update on the new assembly line? Has it started yet (supposed to on Monday I believe).

Do we know what the estimated total production number will be now as you are currently producing about 1,000 - 1,500 a week?

Also do you have enough parts to complete for all backers on site or are you waiting for additional parts which could see delays due to covid around the world?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

@Nicobda Yes same here. I’m not sure what the criteria of choosing which area deserves to get the product first is. It should have been by backer numbers but I know it’s not practical. It just makes me feel like the last shipping countries would be less important to them. But we can think positively that the later batch would have less faulty…maybe.

2 Likes

In an ideal world we would have Star Trek like transporters, where your PPM would just appear on your transporter pad, in the order of backing.

Eventually backers from all countries will have to be fulfilled, and shipment will have to take place regardless of efficiency. Like my native Caribbean island Curacao which has two backers: I can imagine that they’ll be included in a shipment to the US and then forwarded from there, or to South America and forwarded from there.

When the Sun’s path crosses the equator, the length of the nights at latitudes +L° and −L° are of equal length - if this number corresponds to your Backerkit ID, divided by your IGG number, times how many days you’ve been in isolation - you’re definitely not in this shipping batch.

I hope that clears everything up.

15 Likes

@Sponnie I was absolutely confused about where this is going! :joy::joy::joy: Thanks for that laugh.

3 Likes

Always here to help :+1: (but mainly to moan :uk:)

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

The current batch being dispatched from Germany - I should’ve been part of that because I am one of the forgotten EU backers.

I am not - because my backerkit ID is listed in the list which is for the new batch, still in HK.

Read my text carefully, I was clear.

1 Like

You’re right, my bad :slightly_smiling_face:

Exactly the same that happened to me (#3234), I’m one of the EU forgotten ones (unless Spain is no longer part of the EU now) and just discovered that my backer kit number is in the next batch that would get here God knows when.
I have been patient, understanding and supportive but this is starting to look as amateurish as some of the worst crowdfunded projects I have backed.
One day you assure that we are in a batch, then you tell us everyday for a week that we are going to get the tracking numbers at the end of day, then we discover that we are not even in that batch and WE HAVE BEEN FORGOTTEN AGAIN.
How complicated is to ship following the order?
Or perhaps, at least, check if the order is in that batch before answering?
So, @Philips_Support_N, when are we going to be getting our projectors?
How many times more are we going to be forgotten?

3 Likes

Maybe a week from now they will arrive in Belgium, then 3 or so days to get to Germany then a few days to receive the tracking numbers. (or “tomorrow” in SST - screeneo standard time!)

But this is guess work based of the batch which is currently in Germany that the forgotten UK backers were assured contained our units which in fact they didn’t.

Although to amuse myself, every time I see PhilipsNono post my brain goes…

NONO NO NO NO NO NONO NONO NO NO THERE’S NO UNITS!

(you’re welcome for the earworm)

Provided we haven’t been mislead again, those of us forgotten UK backers would appear to be getting close to getting our hands on the units that should have been delivered to us in January.

2 Likes

@Philips_Support_N

I need simple answer the next batch to saudi arabia contains all 25 backers or not ??

Yes / No ?