Google cast functionality

So I was wondering, will Google cast (the inbuilt Chromecast function) ever work?

In my user case I’m trying to cast a video I’m streaming on my Chrome browser from an Android phone. (I’ve tried anime, movies, series and random clips)

Casting it to my tv with built in Chromecast works, and it also works casting to my Chromecast dongle.

But casting the stream to the ppm gives no response, even though it does give the option to cast to ppx620 on my Android phone.

I’ve tried multiple streaming sources and none of them work.

Can someone please give some feedback on this, because I feel like it’s being ignored even though it’s a wanted functionality by many, because of its ease to use.

3 Likes

I can only agree. It is a key feature for me that is missing from the start.
Can we expect some progress?

I had issue with my old phone (p30pro) but no issue after I got Asus ROG5

I have the same issue, thought it might be my phone so upgraded to a new Samsung Galaxy but still has same issue

Hi same here with One+5t and with my Galaxy Note 9.
Impossible to cast

Can anyone from Philips comment or recommend something that would help? Thanks in advance

Same issue here, so does the Apple AirPlay - raised this previously and it said because the AirPlay in PPX is 1.0 while the one on iOS is already a new version so it does not support :frowning:

My workaround is to only plug a Google Chromecast in HDMI in order to use this feature…