HBO GO Europe issue

Hello,

I am having issues with HBO Go Europe. I have installed an external apk, which starts and I am able to activate the device through the HBO website. Unfortunately when I try to play something the video never starts. I have tried different versions of the app, the OS of my PPM is the latest one. All other streaming services I am using are working fine.
Can somebody help?

Thank you

1 Like

HBO is the only major streaming service that I haven’t been able to get to work, and I haven’t seen anyone else report success with that either. I’m not saying it isn’t possible, just that apparently nobody has still solved how it should be done.

Thank you for the answer. Do you know why it is not working? Is it some kind of licensing issue with HBO? Can the people from Philips help out?

The problem seems to be that the HBO app relies on Google Play services, which aren’t available on the PPX because it’s not GMS certified.

Apparently, you can get it to work via Kodi. Haven’t tried this myself.

1 Like

Thanks again. It is working through Kodi. It is awful, but it works. I hope some day we will have native HBO.
Best regards

Great that you got it to work, even though it’s using sort of a workaround. I wouldn’t get too hopeful about the official app. As long as the HBO app needs Google Play services and the projector doesn’t provide them, the app won’t work.

1 Like