¿How can I be a moderator?

Hi @Philips_Support_P, I have lots of experience with tech products, Android and customer expectation management, I’d love to help moderate the forum by keeping discussions constructive, positive, hopeful and solution-oriented. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I will be happy to moderate too. I can also support in Japanese for fellow backer in Japan!

I want to start by saying that I’m glad Screeneo opened a forum to centralize all information on this and future products. It shows commitment and that they’re not in it for the short run but are going the distance.

With regards to moderation, I’d like to offer my services. I think it would be great if we could form a moderation team that has a few members in every timezone / region so as to cover the forum posts in a 24/7 fashion. I would be available between 1800-2400 GMT daily, and possibly also at other hours if needed by the team.

Having moderators that can speak multiple languages besides English would also be a great plus for the community in my opinion. I can moderate fluently in English, Dutch, and Spanish, and can also help in French, German, Portugese, and Italian with a little help. One idea could be to have a question posted in a different language translated to English and have that added to the question itself.

Another idea that sometimes works well is to define categories / tags that information posts or request must adhere to, with the moderators assigning these after reviewing the post by regular users.

There need to be good guidelines and rules for the proper and accepted forum etiquette, as well as a moderators-only section where dubious posts can be discussed out of the general public’s sight.

And finally I would propose that any perks rewarded by Screeneo for the moderation tasks be based on actual participation in said tasks, not just based on the job application at this moment. Ideally, the perks should be rewarded only after all current backers have been supplied, and only after the moderators have proven to be active for at least 6 months to a year. I believe this will weed out those who aren’t serious about the task at hand and are only in it for the perks.

Even if I don’t make the team I hope you’ll consider my remarks when forming the team.

Greetings, Ivo Grijt

2 Likes

Good evening all, I can help with moderation in Russian, Vietnamese, Georgian, and English obviously. US EST Time Zone. Looking forward to help to best of my ability.

1 Like

Count me in. I have tried to help people by explaining how life works before :slight_smile: This is much better platform than comment section or a private facebook group :slight_smile:

Would love to be a moderator too

Hi , I would love to moderate and help take some of the load of you guys.

Regards,
Mohamed

Hi Philips Team,

I’m opened to be a moderator as I’m good at putting out fires. Which, from my observations in the past month, being part of the Facebook and Telegram groups, you need. :wink:

Also, I’m closely following almost all communication since my contribution in October. And I’ve actually read the whole “Story” and “FAQ” sections :slight_smile: + if you remember, I was an active part of the “Comments” discussion and also the Telegram group.

I’m based in EU (EET timezone), contribution ID 16708.

Cheers,

Would love to help moderate.

The other forums are full of negativity from people who seem to want to justify why they requested refunds etc. and not for what we need… help, advice, tips and the like.

I can help aswell, if still needed.
I do not have my PPM yet, so I can’t really help with bugs or so, but I was a teenager-forum moderator for a while and can calm down overly negative people.

Languages are English, German, Turkish. Timezone is Middleeuropean.

Also happy to moderate. Am English but can also help in Dutch and Romanian. I live in The Netherlands. 25 years of technical leadership experience, with MEng and PhD in electronic engineering.

Hi guys,

Would be more than happy to help you as a moderator. I am a business owner of a technical company who knows how to streamline communications, and i have also moderated forums before. Would love to help you guys improve and streamline communications and support you and the forum with both regular and technical questions.

Looking forward to your reply.

Kind regards, vincent

@Pico @Philips_Support_P @Philips_Support_N @FredPico I’m a working Quality Assurance professional based on Europe. I’m excited to have this platform and to help the community. I express my interest to be a moderator. I would love to help people with technical questions and already answered questions. I would be suitable because I’m online all the time and have a knack of finding answers! Here’s to hoping i get to be one :raising_hand_man:

@Philips_Support_P

Hello! I would also like to be a moderator and can offer my “services” in totally fluent French, English, Portuguese & Spanish. I do speak and understand German and a bit of Polish, but I’m not fluent at all, so I’ll leave it to others. I have worked as IT helpdesk and who be glad to help those who have some issues on connecting different platforms to the Pico (Windows, Mac, iOS, Android).

I would be interested to help as moderator as well. Thanks for creating this platform to streamline all the positive and negative discussion about the PPM. We hope for better clarification and building up of useful information and support for everyone in the coming days!

Hi! As we talked over on Telegram, I’d like to help with Moderation! I’m on the Oceanic / Australia Timezone :slight_smile:

Hi guys! We will open the moderation within a week! Thank you so much for your help

Hello Prashant.

Would like to be considered as a moderator.
Spend a lot of time online and technically fluent, happy to help.

Moderation is already needed. I can not promise that I’ll be in the forum enough so I don’t know if I can qualify for moderator but I really would have moved a few topics from Feature suggestions. Some users don’t get much thought for Category while posting new topic.

Would be interested to apply as part of the moderator team. Can commit for X number of hours per week.