How many people received a defective unit?

I’m just curious, how many of us initially received a defective unit?

Mine was one of the ones that froze during Netflix possibly due to overheating. I was offered a replacement, but have yet to send it back having seen the fiasco that is the replacement process.

I received one where the power LED is blinkin red/blue. I also was offered to send it back ti HK for a replacement, but are hesitating just like Timothy_Cowger because of the terrible way Philips is doing that. I have asked for a better way to arrange this replacement process, but the best answer I got was to buy an extra one??? Do you know where I could send my complain directly to Philips, and not Sceneo, because I can’t understand how they can back this up???

I messaged Philips through Facebook back in January to express my dissatisfaction with what was represented and what I received, in particular the “project from anywhere” keystone and linearity distortion problems.
I believe they tried several times to get ahold of the relevant department, which I assume, was screeneo to get in touch with me… They never did.

I received a defective unit in January. Finally got it replaced in June. Initially the replacement process was badly broken but they seemed to get better control by the end.
I’d recommend that you send an email to the support desk requesting a return and see how quickly and competently they respond.

I got a red/blue blinking defective unit.
Here’s my current timeline…

• June 23 : Got a defective unit delivered to Korea.
  • July 14 : Returned defective unit, delivered to Hong Kong.
  • August 17: Tracking ID issued, but not active (not trackable).
  • September 11 : DHL shipping info received, but unit still not handed over to DHL yet, so still waiting…

(sigh)

Support Ticket #: Request #24369
Backer ID: 15583826​
Contribution ID: 16137
Region: South Korea
Tracking ID: DHL – 6889341465​

(Update)
Replacement unit was picked up by DHL on September 18, and delivered to me (finally) today. So far so good. Just hoping the replacement unit doesn’t break…

Here’s my timeline.

• June 23 : Got a defective unit delivered to Korea.
  • July 14 : Returned defective unit, delivered to Hong Kong.
  • August 17: Tracking ID issued, but not active (not trackable).
  • September 11 : DHL shipping info received, but unit still not handed over to DHL.
  • September 18 : Package picked up by DHL
  • September 23 : Delivered to me in Korea

My first unit did not focus, so I send it back.
The second unit arrived 2 months later and had the red/blue blinking problem, battery charges to 67% only.

Right now I can‘t muster the energy to send that one back too.

I must admit that some slight doubt about quality control at Phillips began to creep into my mind…

And next time I buy in a shop, where returns are no hassle.

I can’t believe the return defect unit process is taking 3 months to complete. My PPM completely unfunctional after using 9 months. I filed a return unit form weeks ago and no reply ever since than (ticket #29807).

This is my first time purchase on indiegogo and should be my last one as well. No support response is a nightmare to me. :frowning: