How Phillips let this total disaster happen?

Crowd funding? But this is Phillip’s :joy::joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl::rofl::joy::rofl::rofl::joy:

3 Likes

Wait till you get it, I’ve had mine 3 days and I’m ready to sell it. Biggest waste of money

1 Like

That’s what I’ll be doing, apps are being patched regularly to keep them working, but they can only do that for a protracted time before it becomes another ‘dumb’ projector.

Hardware looks to be nearly there, just not the official licensing (?) In place like you get with Fire TV, Nvidia Shield for Youtube/Netflix etc.

A real shame, I was hoping this would be the holy grail.

Will see what hits the shelves (definitely not getting hoodwinked by clever marketing again) and an official finished product review before investing my hard earned cash on this tech.

1 Like

Why?

That is the fate of every android device. If you spend more money, you just will loose more. Dumb projector plus cheap smart stick may be a better option.

2 Likes

I have a few apps that say they won’t be able to play content due to the lack of Google Media Services, WHILE playing the content in the background already! As soon as I click the notice away the first time after starting it up, the content I first chose and everything after that continues playing just fine without any issues or further pop-ups or notifications.

1 Like

I had similar issues, but the 1.0.27 build has addressed pretty much every one of them.
It’s a process of improvement that will end up with a better experience for all of us, even if it takes time and a few tries.
I for one would rather be part of a rough product that resolves and improves under a lot of user-scrutiny than to endure the typical shopping experience of being stuck with the final version of a product that’s permanently half-baked and obsolete before it hits the shelves, for twice the price.

2 Likes

Amen! :raised_hands:t4:

It will IMO be permanently half baked.

Those who work in software and sales will know this, if their revenue numbers on this product have been hit (it would be great to see what previous PJ’s in this market place have done world wide sales wise compared to this) then…

The software will be pushed to ’ workable’ then on to the next project to provide business growth. Screeneo have their money, Philip’s have their licensing revenue.

It would be a different story if they didn’t have the cash up front, I would imagine they would have sorted the hardware issues out and pressure the licensing side more before actual launch and shipping - or canned it all together.

They will already be diverting resources internally now to another project, now this is shipping,

Sad, but I see it frequently. As soon as the money has changed hands - those projects lose air time in meetings.

The positive is that I have yet to see something that meets the dream we were sold. The hardware may also mean someone can bypass the licensing issues permanently in the future (totally illegally I’d imagine) so we dont have to worry about PPM getting (and losing) full resolution in the big name apps, YouTube, Netflix etc before its end of life.

The wonderful (short) life of a gadget.

The only company I’ve seen so far to buck this trend is Nvidia with their Shield products - even my old Tablet still gets updates.

4 Likes

Seems disappointing to have this happen. I was backer in the 3Ks and I got my projector months ago. I am sorry you all are having issues getting your projectors.

2 Likes

I am really worried I will have to ask for a refund and send the projector away as soon as I get it.

The good will be 8 months old when I finally put my hand on it and although coming from a huge company has been handled as it was an obscure microbrand.

Philips used the lucky ones that got the projector on time as beta-tester while the whole bag of us still empty handed were just cows to milk.

2 Likes

how long did you have the projector?? I hope I will receive it within May. Some will HOPEFULLY receive it in 2020, but maybe 2021. This means they will receive a product that is 2 years old to start with. Don’t you think it would have been better to just buy two new cheap projector in the store down the road one in 2019 and one in 2021?

1 Like