How to download an app?

There is no option to change the orientation of the app.
As all apps should be in landscape like this
correct landscape

Some of the local entertainment app based in my country have this weird orientation
weird orientation

I also tried different verions of the same app, some versions are in correct orientations while some are not. I am not sure if this is a problem in PPM firmware. @Philips_Support_P

PicoPix Max is always in landscape mode. If the app doesn’t support it, it’ll stay fixed in portrait mode. It’s not a problem of the firmware. Though I will check if we can do something to help…

The app itself certainly support landscape mode as it works fine in my android phone. Kindly check.

HI @Philips_Support_P

As it is all Android matter, can you introduce a “screen rotate” option in prefs ?
And if it could memorize for each app the rotate factor, it would be over the top !

1 Like

I tried to sideload an apk, but after installing, when I launch the app, the screen just flashes white briefly, then returns to the home screen.

Is there anyway to troubleshoot this? There’s no error message shown. I tried giving the app permissions for storage, and also tried change the UI mode, but it still behaves the same.

Hi Scott,

Have you also tried side loading another app? What app are you trying to install? Might be an app issue that causes it to crash.

No, I haven’t…this is my first one. The app I’m trying to install is StarHubGo, which is a streaming TV service for one of the local providers in Singapore. They have a website that allows you to watch through a browser, but when I try that on the PPM (or a phone), it prompts me to install the mobile app.

When I change the page to desktop mode, I am able to stream the content in the browser without having to install the app, but it seems to be a bit jittery. I haven’t really used it much to verify if that’s consistent though.

I hope there will be a solution or at least a workaround for this.
It’s definitely not usable in portrait unless you rotate the screen physically :joy:

Desktop mode would have been my second suggestion indeed:) regarding the app, have you tried installing it on another tablet? Might just be the app that is somehow not compatible.

hey there!

is ayone using a VU+ Box (DVB-T,C,S,S2)? there is a streaming-app for android afair (i use the iOS version). It would be great to stream my DVB-S2 programs to the picopix. any experience? (and yes i’m writing here because a can’t open a new topic - yet)

I will try to install the DS Video App to allow viewing movies from a synology NAS drive located in a different location from where the projector is.
As anyone tried this already ?

I Did try the DS CAM app from synology, and that worked.

1 Like

I did the firmware upgrade first thing, then installed ds video and it works ok, the funny thing is it does not appear in the front page menu with all apps and can only open it via inside aptoid tv. I also installed other apps: rmc sport for the champion league, myCanal for live tv, France Tv for replays in france all works fine

I tried myTF1 app but that one does not work, it asks for connection which I do and then no video comes and at some stage it goes back to main ppx screen

Normally you can find TF1 live and replay in MyCanal app (haven’t tested in the PPM, but it works fine in my Apple TV).

1 Like

Hello LLG,

Absolutely LLG you are right, I just looked at it and all replays are indeed in myCanal, I just remived the myTF1 app

Thanks
Marc

Good news!
We have tested the Microsoft Office Suite and it’s working like a charm, even the sign in works.

Aptoide is providing wide range of apk files to Android mobiles, tablets, Smart TVs. It is the only source for many devices to download applications for android-based devices.
Aptoide TV app can be download from here.

Can anyone tell me how to install an apk file on Picopix max? I’m new to this.