How to prevent the battery from bloating?

I just filled up the form for replacement. I am waiting for someone to pick up the unit and hopefully the replacement will not take long to arrive. So, If I will the new unit, what is the tips in order to avoid the bloating of battery? Or are we going to have this problem again after 1 to 2 years of using? Thank you.

To be honest I don’t use the battery and would of preferred a product where you could buy a Battery as an add on if required.

My advise is don’t store the device somewhere too cold and not too hot like direct sun light.
Never let it go under 20% as this messes up the battery.
It really comes down to quality control when making the battery and the electronics used to charge the battery, if the system is over charging then it’s not going to last very long.

These types of batteries work off a small window of voltage, something like 3.2 to 4.2 volts. If the power drops below 3.2 then the Battery cell will deteriorate and if the battery cell is over charged again it will deteriorate. You need more voltage for this projector so they just stack up the cells to increase the overall voltage like 2 cells = 8.4, 3 cells =12.6 and 4 cells = 16.8.

They should update the software to limit the charging to 80% and auto-recharge if it will reach 20%.

1 Like