INFO: Limitations of features for HDMI and USB-C inputs

All the advertised features are available for internal content (Android system). For external content (HDMI and USB-C inputs), some features are not available. These are hardware limitations that cannot be solved by a software update.

Feature internal HDMI USB-C
Automatically switch to source when plugged -
Autofocus ✓* ✓*
Automatic vertical keystone correction (up/down tilt)
Ceiling or rear mode (vertical and horizontal flip)
Color adjustments
Brightness modes
4-corner correction
Digital zoom
Bluetooth audio playback

✓* = the UI will not appear but the feature will work.

10 Likes

Correct me if I’m wrong here - If one initiates 4 corner correction / horizontal correction while using internal app, then switches over to a HDMI device, the correction will still apply.

No, it doesn’t. For the 4 corner correction to work, the content has to go through the Android OS, ie. be so called internal content. Everything that comes through the external ports (HDMI, USB-C) bypasses the Android OS completely in hardware. That is why they say it is a hardware limitation that is not fixable in an update.

1 Like

You are wrong.

This means that bluetooth, zoom and 4-corner features DO WORK when playing content from USB-A and Micro-SD??

Yes, those are “internal” sources handled by Android.

1 Like

I think it’s fair to state that Ceiling and Rear projection corrections also carry over to the HDMI and USB-C inputs.
I use this to project Switch from my bedside table. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Of course.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip, I’ve updated it.

What about manual and auto focus?
Do we have to do it under android? If so, does it carry over when switching to hdmi?

Focus is carried over. You can also perform autofocus with the remote outside of Android.

2 Likes

I want to use zoom and corner correction on my HDMI Apple TV input, any work-around / Philips solution, this is what I bought the projector for.

Thank you

Please fix

They can’t. It’s been stated many many times.

@Philips_Support_P Could you precise status for manual horizontal keystone correction (left/right tilt)?

That’s why Applications and Media player/streaming-mirroring needs to be secured working perfect, as HDMI input will limit your adjustment and audio output :wink:

Keep up the good work supporting Full HD on Netflix, Youtube, Chromecast, Airplay2 and Media players

/J

1 Like

Id be quite interested in this one too!

@Philips_Support_P regarding the Digital Zoom feature, what does this setting from the hidden menu do for HDMI input sizing if anything?

This is the same as digital zoom (for internal Android only). Except that you can adjust x and y independently.

1 Like

will the zoom function stay when switch to hdmi ?
or 4 corner settings ?

if use this as stationary on a shelf that cant be moved.