Initial setup/nothing is projected

Palak, what about if you press Home or Focus key, do you see a UI coming?

@Ddscrz I checked this; seems there was a config change on the server, they’ve fixed it now. Could you please resend the email? Sorry for the inconvenience.

@Philips_Support_N

Tried everything. Nothing worked.

@Philips_Support_P

Thanks. I already resent the mail, but i did not receive any automated reply as acknowledgment.

I still believe in the product and i hope this will be sorted out soon.

Thanks, we recovered your email.

Hello @Philips_Support_P,

Yup, Did that as well. Charged it until the LED turned blue, unplugged the adapter and tried to turn it on again. No image. bulb doesn’t turn on.

Have already sent an email to bugreport@screeneo.com. Still awaiting their reply.

Thanks!

Ok, it could be a defective LED/optical engine. Tech support will get back to you.
Meanwhile if you have some time to troubleshoot more, I’ve just created Troubleshooting: Projector won’t power on / no picture display / shuts down soon after starting which you can follow and let us know your findings. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hello Prashant,

Wow thanks for the speedy reply! Just checked out the Troubleshooting guide and can confirm that the Power adapter, USB cables and battery are functioning just fine.Even tried to charge my phone using the PicoPix’s battery and it was able to do so.

Do not see anything whatsoever upon starting up and also after pressing the various buttons. Fan is running and can definitely feel the airflow while it is on. Does not power off unexpectedly. Currently running it in an air-conditioned environment @ 24°C.

hey, a bit of an off-topic, but if you send e-mails through Chrome/Brave, there is an extension called Streak, which if you allow, basically notifies you when someone opens your e-mail with location and device. Quite useful if you have doubts :wink:

Sorry for the off-topic.

Exactly the same defect in here, I got it today from DHL delivery.
When turned on, it sounds noise and blue light but bulb remained off.

Sorry to hear that you have the same issue. I think you can find more info for returning and replacing the product on this thread: Click

Hi @Philips_Support_P

We have tried troubleshooting and have also sent an email as suggested…
Could we at least get a reply the email was received and some assurance that the exchange and returns process can happen some time soon?

Don’t get discouraged! This projector is amazing. Been using mine almost daily and love it. Hope you get your replacement soon.

If you received the auto-response, then your email was received by us. We’re collecting return shipping info one by one, you’ll soon receive a form to fill out. Thanks for following the troubleshooting steps, it’s very helpful for us.

1 Like

Thanks for kind help.

I’ve tried:
Turned off -> Fully charged(red LED to blue LED) -> Turned on(blue LED on) -> fan started -> bulb still remained off(nothing projected)

Now that I contacted bugreport@screeneo.com for replacement and got automatic acknowledge reply and hopefully no more defective ones in next delivery.

1 Like

Might be useful to put up a poll for how many are having this issue. Mine has exactly same problem.
Powers on, charges up. No lamp output. Can hear a motor whirring - possibly auto-focus trying its best.
So out of not many delivered, there are already a handful failed.

I’m quite happy to open mine up and see if it’s just an internal connector come loose.

@Philips_Support_P As each individual LED color has its own connector directly to the main board it’s unlikely that they all came loose. Could the DMD flex coming loose cause the LEDs not to turn on? All the mirrors should be in the park position but you should definitely be able to see some light from the lens. This does not seem to be the case in the cases posted, the LEDs does not activate at all.

Short version : can this behavior be a result of a disconnected light engine DMD flex?

We cannot speculate on the reasons till our HW engineers have had a chance to analyse it. Since we haven’t been able to pick up any defective units yet, expect only mid-Feb before we know the root cause.

This will be useless, only those with the problem will vote and it’ll appear to the public as if 90% of units have the problem. All I will say is that all problems combined, the defective ratio is still well within our expected maximum.

1 Like

It really isn’t useless. If you say how many have been delivered and then how many have faults, that’s a pretty good indicator.
I’ve counted 6-7 people on here who have specific hardware failure of no light output. For the amount delivered so far, that’s quite high, noting that many in this European batch haven’t received theirs yet.

@cjwilber, no company in the world publishes this kind of data publicly. If people want to estimate, that’s fine.

1 Like