Just ordered an PPX One - Review out (there?)

I saw a section for a PicoPix Max TV so itā€™s most likely real but it seems to be gone now.

Max One is interesting but the deal breaker for me is the DC charging port.

1 Like

Holly that would be awesomeā€¦ I voluntering for an Betatest :nerd_face::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Iā€™d would be glad if they replace my broken PPM with PPM TV :smiley:
Though, Iā€™d be happy regardless, as long as they replace it soon :sweat_smile:

You are not alone, mate :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

After reading through lots of horror stories involving swollen batteries, RMA hell, wonky autofocus, faulty software too dependent on workarounds, etcā€¦ I decided to play safe and requested a refund.

I got it 1 week ago (currently in testing phase) and I love its blazing-fast boot up and dead simple setup (itĀ“s a spartan UI after all). So far everything works as intended (HDMI CEC, ARC, manual focus, expected runtime, etcā€¦). Being able to just turn it on along with my AVR receiver is a treat (my Mogo Pro turns my AVR on a bit late so it isnĀ“t recognized until I reboot or switch my AVR on first)

Only three image presets (cinema, standard and vivid) but you can create a customized one (hopefully, more people joins in and share recommended settings). Same brightness modes (Eco, Normal and Presentation) so expect the same values as PPM.
If I have to nitpick, IĀ“d say you canĀ“t control AVR volume with PPX remote (missing CEC commands?) but we can expect firmware updates to address that and further image tweaking (please, add more presets! :grimacing: )

Maybe IĀ“m not the one to talk as I donĀ“t have the PPM to make a fair comparison but PPX One looks more like a revision than a ā€œlittle brotherā€ (lack of HDMI CEC and ARC is unforgivable in these times).

@kugiigi I ordered this

Stay tuned for powerbank benchmarks / explosions :laughing:

1 Like

The following is also listed:

ā€œPicoPix Micro 2 TV (PPX360)ā€

I think I will cancel my PPM to PPM-One ā€œUpgrade orderā€ on Amazon and will wait a few more weeks :wink:

1 Like

Hey, im going to post a review of the PPMOne on my ytb channel in the next 2 days. Spoiler alert, im disapointed.

1 Like

As @kugiigi said, the perfect mini projector doesnĀ“t exist yet, all of them have their caveats, but I think this one fits the bill regarding size, brightness and battery life.

Colors and contrast need some tweaking (same as PPM, I guess)
Hopefully, there arenĀ“t hardware constraints and they can be further enhanced with future updates.

Why are you disappointed? Could be great to know!

Actually the only reason I was disapointed was because the input lag was higher than the PPM, and because the colors needs to be changed to be more accurate. Otherwise, it works great !

Great! we are working on it!

1 Like

Can you post the link?

Actually it is not. I did find out, if you have a 15v capable powerbank with usb-c you can actually charge the ppix max one through usb-c, or a powerfull enough usb-c adaptorā€¦

1 Like

Things are moving for the PPX720 :grinning:

ā€œPPX720 Digital Projector RF Exposure Info Screeneo Innovation SAā€

https://fccid.io/2ASRT-PPX720/RF-Exposure-Info/RF-Exposure-5391026

Thats a big boy :grimacing:

1 Like

Source, official documents via:

https://fccid.io/2ASRT-PPX720

Woah, are the dimensions mentioned somewhere there? It seems like they want it to be a good speaker so itā€™s taller now. If this is the case, Iā€™m not a fan of that decision. I barely use internal speakers and I still want the previous size. Also, itā€™s not using type-C for charging :frowning:

Yup, looks like AC/DC brick and only DC input chargingā€¦ thats me out!

If the PPM would just support Android TV and have better speakers it would be the perfect mini projector.

Who is asking for something twice the size and no USB-C charging? The PPX720 looks like a dude to me.

1 Like

I think the picopix max one is the best and using a google chrome or xiaomi mi tv stick with all the problems aroundā€¦ I can charge mine with a usb-c powerbank. The android tv seems to have alot of probmems and im afraid that it continues with the picopix max 720ā€¦
Seems to be a very bulky projectorā€¦:thinking: