Launcher 1.8.1 in boot loop

Same problem here!!

I wonder if it’s possible to do a factory reset in a safe mode sort of environment for the ones that don’t see the cogwheels settings icon

same problem here, moving the mouse icon doesn’t bring anything up.
I first upgraded to the latest firmware 1.2.7.
Is there any way to do a hard reset on this?
I could try to do another update of the firmware on top but is there a way to launch this without the need to be loaded in the android os?

Same with me…really frustrating

Exactly what i am facing

I did a recovery reset by following the first group of instructions from this post: Cable restore procedure

1 Like

After I struggling in the black screen spamming the mouse button near the invisible cogwheel area for an hour, I finally hit the spot and solved the problem with your solution. Thanks dude. You are a life saver!

For those only seeing black screen, hope is actually there. You will need a lot of patient and luck to get through it.

Same here, only the flashing 3 dotted-lines…
@Philips_Support_N @Philips_Support_P

it’s working! thanks Yamoya!

anyone has a picture of the launcher settings cogwheel location, that would help as I don’t remember where it as sitting.

I have the same problem! Is there anyone from Philips who can solve this issue?

Hello all, apologies for this. We are not sure why this update has affected so many users, but have removed the update now.

If you are affected, currently the only way to solve is to do a factory reset as described here.

We have not been able to reproduce the issue, but believe it may be because the base system was not updated to the latest version before the updated launcher was installed.

If you could tell us which version of the system software you have, that would help us in isolating the problem. Once again apologies and I hope no one further is affected by this bug. We are also looking for any possible solution without having to do a factory reset.

1 Like

I had installed 1.2.7 before doing the update.

Set the new launcher just after the last update of the firmware

Hi - same problem here with black screen and tiny lines and dots icon. Can you explain what you mean by ‘spamming’ the mouse button? Do you mean hovering with it? And is it the airmote mouse circle you mean by the mouse button?

Has been running on latest 1.2.7 since 2 weeks ago without problem. After that, there was another successful launcher update before the problematic 1.8.1 but I don’t remember the previous version number. Hope this info help

Yes, hover the airmote mouse circle on the black area where I predict the cogwheel should be in normal case, and keep pressing the button. Like how you find the light switch in ur room in the dark. Lol

Thanks. Now I just have to make airmote work to get the mouse circle - tricky at the best of times - but pressing OK and Vol- and getting the red flashing light is not making airmote work right now

I couldnt reset mine one so I did a cable reset and all good now.