Launcher v1.5.6 beta

Dear PicoPix Max users,

After a long hiatus we have an updated Home Screen launcher available for our beta testers.

This version includes app auto-update as a precursor to our curated app store. Parts of it are live and available for testing. Barring any show-stopper bugs, we plan to release it in the next few days along with the upcoming update.

Additional changelog for v1.5.6:

How it works

On startup, and then every hour, the Launcher will check with the Philips Projection update server if there are updates available for any installed app. If yes, there will be a badge on top of the icon:

When you open the app, youā€™ll get the opportunity to update it, or ignore it. If you ignore, it wonā€™t prompt you for any app update until the next time you restart the projector.

For testing purposes, thereā€™s a ā€œCheck for Updatesā€ menu option if you press [MENU] key on any app icon. This option checks all app updates at once. removed in v1.5.6

Known issues

• This beta does not update the launcher itself, or any apps/services that donā€™t have an icon on the home screen.
  • There is no way to cancel a download. Clicking an app again during download is undefined.
  • Only English translation is available.

Remark

You may need to go into hidden Android settings and allow it to install apps:

At the moment, SmartYoutube, ExpressVPN and VLC updates are pushed to the server, so expect those to be available.

Thanks in advance.

4 Likes

Having problem.whit the new launcher i get no battery display icon and it just says in big text 0 hour remaining even whit cable

Can i install the old one back ? Dont want factory reset whit all my apps login info

Hereā€™s an older launcher: https://dsh.re/7134f

ā€œ0hr remainingā€ is not related to this launcher though, it means your battery is discharged, but the charger isnā€™t charging it. Some issue with the battery or charging circuit.

But you can try the older launcher above.

no i disagre just after i installed the new launcher it swithed off the battery icon indicator and even when had the cable in and charge for hours there still says in big text 0 hour remaning
but i noticed then go into any setting a new overlay shows when it charge only but when going back to mainscreen only big text shows 0hour remaning and no indicator next to the gears

i did a factory reset insted and now everything is back on normal batery showed 85% so there must be a bug in the 1.5 version or why did it happen for just me ?

I had the same issues, the battery icon is gone and it just shows that there is 0 hours remaining regardless if itā€™s plugged to the charger or not. I did a test unpluging the power cable and after a couple of hours I got the pop-up remainder that the battery was at 15%, so I think itā€™s just a display bug.

Another issue is that the ā€œCheck for Updatesā€ menu option appears to do nothing.

1 Like

Same issue here

Hi all, thanks for reporting. We are checking why this happens. Seems it is a bug afterall.

1 Like

The file is gone, guess itā€™s been taken off

Hi all, v1.5.6 is available for testing now:

https://ppx620.s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/apk/screeneo-launcher-v1.5.6-build39.apk

Changelog

• Battery level now appears again
  • File Manager icon is localized into Chinese and English
  • ā€˜Check for updatesā€™ sidebar menu option has been removed. The check for app updates happen on every startup and then every hour, there is no manual check anymore.
  • ā€˜Reset Usageā€™ sidebar menu option has been removed. This was intended for testing and is not used for anything right now.
  • The text label of quick-setting icons now fades in after the selection has moved to it, to prevent the jarring effect of it appearing before the selection highlight.
  • Netflix ā€˜mouse reminder iconā€™ is no longer shown on startup, but only the first 3 times you start the netflix app.
  • Fixed Uninstall option appearing for some system apps.
  • The launcher background on startup is now transparent for slightly more seamless transition.
  • Miscellaneous fixes for other products not relevant to PPX620.

This updated launcher unfortunately did not make it to the system v1.2.0 beta, so please install this on top of the system update. It will also work if you are still on system v1.1.05.

Thanks a lot!

1 Like

I donā€™t agree removing the manual checking of update. I feel like itā€™s something that users would still look for. Itā€™s not much of functionality-gap but something that make user feel they can check for updates. I canā€™t explain but you know what I mean? :smile:

It will be back in a better form. Currently adding self-updating functionality and the ability to update APKs that donā€™t show on the home screen. At that time itā€™ll be necessary.

3 Likes