Main purpose of the ppm for you

Work / Traveling / series (netflix)

1 Like

Always having it with me, whether it is for a meeting, or watching a movie:)

1 Like

Originally for work and movie nights, but now just for movies in the garden with my family. I plan to use the internal memory to play ripped movies, so it will be ideal for outdoor movies.
I have a “real” projector for indoor movies.

1 Like

For work and watching movies via a blu-ray player. I have quite a large collection of blu-rays films :slight_smile:

1 Like

After using the previous picopix model from 2014 until now, this is such a great upgrade. Hosting regularly movie nights at my place for friends. Compared to my previous unit the clear benefits are:

• Proper built-in youtube/Netflix (can be quite the hassle the connect HDMI, Audioplug and power sometimes)
  • The screen brightness is amazing for the size of the projector
  • Proper tripod designed for PPM (the previous version didn’t have one)

My ultimate goal is to take this PPM, UE Megaboom v2 and a white sheet for an upcoming summer hike in Georgia. Set up the sheet between trees and enjoy outdoor movie night in middle of the wilderness

1 Like

That sounds great…

I plan to use it to give presentations mostly. I may have the occasional movie/Switch gaming night.

1 Like

Gaming and movie nights. Why have a big tv when you can cast to a whole wall? :slight_smile:

Movie nights outside with friends and family was the main plan. That said, summer might be over by time it arrives, so until next year, the indoor plan is for it to become the 2nd TV. We have one 42" TV and I don’t really want to upgrade it to a bigger one or get multiple TV’s but I still want to watch action films on a massive screen or occasionally watch a movie in bed. One thing I’m really looking forward to is watching a film out in the cubby house with my 2 young boys as a treat.

1 Like

Hello Ilja,

Gaming (Nintendo Switch, RPI retro gaming) and cinema with netflix, amazon, disney build-in app.
These use case between my house and my girlfriend’s one, hence the portability :slight_smile:
Watching sports projected on the wall of my house with neighbors in the neighborhood.

Most of the time I will use the built-in speakers. (At least at the start).

2 Likes

or I will take it for a rally next time. So that i could project the video on the wall outside the government office or police station.

1 Like

Love that idea…

Two main use cases for me:

1. Movies in our mobile home/RV. I have a 30-inch collapsible screen used already with my previous projector (Wowoto H8, 720p). The previous projector broke, so I need the PPM quickly (which doesn’t seem to be happening now, so I may go for a temporary solution - buying a used 720p projector while waiting for the PPM). I will be using Emby and/or Plex for my own movies, and Netflix and HBO for movies and TV-series.

2. Powerpoint presentations on the go, especially for my wife who has a need to bring her own projector to different places.

2 Likes
  1. Watching shows/movies at home, offgrid.
  2. Watching movies outside with neighbours
  3. Workshop presentations
  4. Projection for music performances
  5. Using as a second screen for laptop

Watching TV, movies and shows on streaming and/or through USB-C, and presenting powerpoints as well.

It was something else but now my purpose is just waiting, waiting & waiting…

Your waiting will be rewarded one day!:slight_smile: just keep up the spirit;)

For MovieNights, Netflix and Gaming. Mostly indoors, but probably on Summernights I could see watching a movie outdoors aswell. I read here, that you need a Powerbank fot that though.

1. Download Netflix movies/Tv series and watch them on travel.
  2. Occasional movie nights / live stream sporting events with friends
  3. If I’m too lazy at night to sit on couch, then use PPM to project on my ceiling and watch shows. ( I haven’t tested this yet, but i want to pair with my wireless bluetooth earbuds and see if there is any audio lag when watching movies through PPM)
1 Like

As a 2nd projector, to take the load off my hot-running Optoma when image quality isn’t so critical or for when I need portability.