Manual Focus - How To?

Not satisfied with autofocus, How to manually focus if autofocus disabled in settings?

Hi @bollywoodbio_se, even if autofocus is disabled, you can always press the [FOCUS] button on the remote (between the volume buttons) to run the focus system. Once it has finished doing the autofocus, you can use the left/right arrow keys on the remote to manually fine-tune it.

2 Likes

By using the left and right buttion, it is very difficult to manually focus to the sharpest point. Ususally each adjustment may go too far when i press left or right. Can we add a function to fine tune the focus wheel by directly inputting a number or a slide option to control the focus ring like the way we adjust the contrast/ brightness or like the way we manually control our camera lens.

1 Like

It’s not possible to ‘dial in’ a focus value because the focus motor movement can’t be precisely positioned. It can only be moved forward or backwards till focus is achieved. There’s no manual (by hand) focusing since it is fully electric and sealed.

1 Like
2 Likes

How can you autofocus without remote

Tilt the unit up and down and it will trigger the auto focus

my auto focus does not always work properly. It would be nice if one of the buttons on the PPM could be used to adjust the focus.

Hello Lisita, can you shake your projector 5 times and see if for those 5 times the projector is focusing everytime ?

Dear,
I have shaken the projector but it does not auto focus. It does appear the focus circle in the screen, but the image does not focus properly. I allways have to use the remote control.