Minimal projection distance/projected picture

What is the minimal focussing distance for the picomax? (and the pico Micro) I would like to project small pictures as well, that is why I would like to know

2 Likes

Interesting question. So I did a test and found that it is 4-inches (10cm). Projected image size is a about 4.25-inches (10.5cm). Below photos using Energy Saving mode.

Note that at this distance, it does not automatically focus. I needed to use the left/right to manually focus it.

2 Likes

It does look slightly out of focus - I’m not sure if that is due to the camera, or if it actually is?

If it’s not the camera, what is the smallest project image that is in focus? (even if it is manually vs automatic)

1 Like

Thanks, that is small enough…!

1 Like

Actually I forgot another feature. It can go even smaller if you use digital scaling to reduce the % further. Haha :joy:

2 Likes

I think it is the focusing problem with my phone camera because the image was super bright and I had to tune down the exposure before I snap the photo.

Using back projection on a piece of white paper and digital scaling 80%, the smallest reasonably sharp image size is approximately 8.5cm (3.3-inches).

I hope this is small enough. Hahaha :joy:

2 Likes

haha - :rofl: Yeah! I am putting this in a small teardrop trailer, so I only have 3 feet to throw, I was worried that I’d have an out of focus image, but I think I’ll be fine, out of curiosity, would you be able to measure how big the screen is with the projector 3 feet away :slight_smile: ?

2 Likes

Here’s a nice calculator where you can choose the unit you want to use (feet, inches, centimeters, meters)
4 Likes

That is great, thanks so much !! :pray:

At 3-feet, the actual projected image is 34.5-inches (88cm). This is not using the calculator.

I think you could go even smaller if you used the 4-corner keystone correction!

1 Like