Mouse cursor stopped working

Stop assuming and break out your voltage meter, start measuring the voltages to be sure!
:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I shall test mine shortly by repairing and replacing batteries.

Just an update, after about 2 days with the Energizers I woke up one morning and found the remote totally unresponsive, I can’t turn it on the red light on the remote doesn’t flash, nothing, at first I thought the remote was dead, then I tried putting the Energizers in another tv remote and confirmed it’s the battery that’s dead, a brand new premium top of the range battery just died after a few days? Maybe guess it can happen even though I’ve never had this happen on a cheap battery, but just in case it’s not the PPM remote I decided to put in some Aldi batteries again, and yep 2 days later it too is totally dead,
Now I’m really baffled as I really don’t want to say the PPM remote is killing batteries and I can’t see how the remote can drain a battery or kill the cells in 2 days, but I have no explanation for what’s going on.

1 Like

Perhaps one of the buttons is catching on the housing, causing it to be pressed all the time? Can you post a pic of the front of the remote please?

The remote is fine no buttons are catching or stuck, if it did I think the lights should be constantly flashing and I should see it, and I haven’t noticed that.

1 Like

Can you check with your cellphone camera if the remote isn’t sending an infrared signal.
If a button is stuck (internal) the red led on the front will only blink a few times and stops blinking, but the infrared led will keep transmitting.

2 Likes

Yes you’re right the red led on the front does stop blinking, I just tried this with the phone camera but I can only see the infrared flashes when I push on a button , so no buttons are stuck and it’s not sending out any signal unless I press on a button

1 Like

This is a strange one. I don’t think I’ve ever replaced the batteries on my AirMote. It’s been running since December or probably earlier, on the same 2 batteries.

Can you disconnect and unpair it, then pair it again, and see if it continues draining?

Also, try to eliminate the projector by testing these 2 cases:

• disconnect and unpair, then don’t pair it at all to the projector, just use it in infrared. Does it still drain?

• connect the AirMote to your computer or phone instead of the projector.

With this info we can isolate the condition in which it happens.

If it only happens when connected to PicoPix Max:

• Are you using 5GHz WiFi, or 2.4 GHz?

• is your PicoPix Max placed far from the remote?

• are you using Bluetooth speakers?

2 Likes

I will try your suggestions but to test battery drain more accurately and quickly instead of waiting for a few days on each test I will need to pick up a multimeter when I get a chance my last one has gone missing for a while, but I have put in another 2 batteries and so far it’s been more than 2 days and it’s still going so maybe the last 2 pairs were duds, but just to clarify the airmote worked fine for the first two months or more that I had it, this battery issue only happened after the pointer became unresponsive and unusable and it still is,

I use 5Ghz wifi
The airmote is very close to the PicoPix placed behind the bed,
I do use bluetooth speakers as well as the inbuilt one

1 Like

this battery issue only happened after the pointer became unresponsive and unusable and it still is,

Do you mean your AirMote is not working correctly? It could be defective.

Yes the remote is defective hence this thread the battery drain I noticed afterwards, and last night 2 more batteries just got drained not totally but the flashing light on the front is very faint even in a pitch dark room, so waiting to hear back from support I will just take out the batteries when not in use.

1 Like

Just an update on what’s happening, after almost a month not hearing back from support I decided to email again and actually got a quick reply asking me to fill out a return form, but the confusing bit was I didn’t want to return the projector only the remote, I was assured I can choose what part was defective and yes I can, but I haven’;t heard anything back since the 31st of July after filling out the form,
Oh and since last weekend my charger stopped working the battery is drained and won’t turn on, I do have a third party charger ordered but that’s taking forever to get delivered, so right now I can’t watch anything.

1 Like

Another update , so far it is getting a bit disappointing with Philips support, @IvoGrijt hopefully you can do something, since filling out the form after July 31st then again replying to the same email on the 13th of August with my charger being dead issue I have not had any replies since the 31st of July, it’s almost September now, come on! what is going on! I know during the earlier stages yes there were many unfulfilled backers etc, but it really should be much more better now, less backer queries with getting their perks etc, yet still no replies? that baffles me, I hate to tag you or anyone here as I’d like to go through the normal process from support, but clearly as I have found out now as others have it really doesn’t work, or as in my case not any more, so hope to hear something back soon.

What’s your ticket number? I’m handling campaign logistics only, another colleague is doing the aftersales issues. But I can ask him to update your ticket with the latest info if I have your ticket number.

1 Like

The original number was 24598
Then it got updated to 26893 in later emails, thanks for your help.

Got a notification from DHL thought it was the flash power bank turns out to be the airmote, was sent out on Monday received it on Wednesday pretty fast thanks for your help, but there is no news on the dead charger yet, should I open up a new ticket for that, what’s your suggestion?

1 Like

Open a new ticket by sending a new email to support@screeneo.com please. I closed the ticket 26893 for the Airmote after your confirmation of receipt.

1 Like

Hello! When im moving the remote cursor is working but when i point and press ok,its not working. Any sugestions??

Because you’re not meant to press ok but the remote cursor button that you first pressed to bring up the cursor, that is just like the left button of a mouse, and to cancel it just hit any directional arrow button, so that is all normal and exactly how it should work, the OK button won’t do anything.

Ok. Thanks for info