New Users Start Here

Great list I’m sure many will find helpful.

Thanks

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Amazon Prime Video won’t play videos (D-pad center button does nothing)

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Horizontal keystone adjustment

Hello all, for those who have received the PPM successfully, I have a noob question. Would you mind sharing how to operate it?
First of all, for the updates, after we install it, do we update Netflix or not?
Second, how to set up the remote?

Feel free to leave more questions below.

Don’t update Netflix or MX Player Pro.

For setting up the remote: How to pair the AirMote?

For others, check out the Unboxing/test videos + win prizes! thread which has many videos made by fellow users.

1 Like

Hi all

Finally received my PPM today here in Sydney. Tried to get all the set up done tonight by just projecting a small image on the wall before I get my new screen out tomorrow to give it a full run.

This is my first projector and I do have a few queries. Apologies if they seem simple or basic but remember I am a newbie!

1. Screen size. I can see that this can be set via Zoom in the settings between 80-100%. To get accurate sizing therefore I take it the projector has to be moved to the optimal distance away from the screen? And to try and replicate every use? Also bit confused in my trial run just against the wall- when I started a movie in Netflix it then went more widescreen. So would I need to adjust image again when commencing playback?

2. Focus. Picture seemed OK and auto focus is set by default. Is that the best option?

3. When powered off and plugged in I assume red light is charging and blue is fully charged?

4. Whilst I probably will generally use the battery as above when using the PPM I want the option to plug it in. The provided cable is painfully short. I am really confused about the type I need to get a longer one aprx 3M. What do I need to ensure it has in order to work? Any link to product on Amazon Australia or any Aussie supplier website would be great.

Thanks all

Hi @paulsmithy welcome.

You should really only use it if you cannot move the projector closer to the wall. As you lose some resolution/sharpness.

This is the best way, yes.

No need to do this. Different content has different aspect ratio. Just match the projector’s home screen, all other content will follow.

Yes.

Yes, red means charging, blue means “not charging” (not necessarily full, it will be blue during normal usage too if the charger is not plugged). Check this for more INFO: What do the different LED colours mean?

Yes it’s an expensive 4A charging + usb-c video cable. So if you don’t use usb-c video, you can get another 4 ampere charging cable (high power usbc cable).

But the best way probably is to use a power extension cord and plug the supplied adapter to it. Then use the supplied cable, avoiding the trial-n-error hassle of finding the right cable.

2 Likes

@Philips_Support_P Thanks Prashant. Useful and helpful info as always. I even got excited that you’d replied directly to me - like you’re a celebrity!! Guess you are on here!!

Just re the cable- I really only want a longer cable for charging and using on electric power for a long movie session. I don’t really want to just use an extension lead as the power socket already has a lot in it. All I really want is a 3 metre charging cable therefore. Should I try and find one that plugs into your power adapter or get a standard one that plus with a standard usb connection into say an iPhone plug? And what other requirements does it need? I obviously want it to charge but not fry my precious PPM, especially when the battery is fully charged if it remains connected.
If you can find any examples on Amazon Australia that would be awesome- if you have time.
Thanks again

Hi @paulsmithy you need a “100 Watt” cable, for example:

https://www.amazon.com.au/Fasgear-Delivery-Transfer-Compatible-Macbook/dp/B083JQR7TR/

@Philips_Support_P Awesome- thanks. And that can plug into the same wall adapter provided with the PPM??

Yes it can and will

Hi,

In the past I saw some warnings as to not update Netflix app and so on…
My question is when I receive my new PicoPix today, what do I do to get it ready?

Hi @LaRichy,

You can follow the steps @williammuk has summarised above :

1 Like

Tnx!

Hello there,

I have finally got my PPM and am looking forward to enjoying it but this is my first projector and I am a total newbie. Apart from the advice given above, I have a few questions:

1. I have tried to broadcast my laptop on the PPM by linking both with the USB-C cable, but the PPM states that there is no signal: how come?

2. How can I wirelessly i) broadcast my laptop on the PPM and ii) broadcast the laptop’s sound on my bluetooth hifi soundsystem? Should the image be sent to the PPM and the sound to the soundsystem, or should both be sent to the PPM and the PPM paired to the soundsystem via bluetooth? Is this possible?

3. I understand that if the PPM is not directly facing the wall, there is no automatic correction of corners, and they should be adapted manually. Is this correct?

Many thanks for your help

Anatole

1. Are you sure your laptop supports video out through USB-C? If it doesn’t, it won’t work and you have to resort to other options. Edit: apparently, it needs to support alt-DP mode specifically, see here.

2. i) Wireless casting from your laptop depends completely on what your laptop supports. Do you know?
    ii) Does your amplifier/receiver have bluetooth support? Have you paired your laptop with it? If the BT audio works like this, you might be able to get both audio and video at the same time. However, there’s no use in trying to get BT audio from the PPM while using an external A/V source. That won’t work. If you want to use an external video source with BT audio, you need to separate the audio before the signal reaches the PPM.

3. Yes, that is correct.

3 Likes

Many thanks for your reply and apologies for the delay.

1. How can I know this? My laptop does have a USB-C port on the side. I’ve googled the issue and tried to switch, in the Windows “project menu” from “PC screen only” to “duplicate” but it did not solve the problem.

The specs on Lenovo’s website do not cover connectivity IdeaPad,ideapad 330-15ICH,Model:81FK0049FR but another website states that the usb/c port is 3.1 (I don’t know if this helps https://www.laptopspirit.fr/225451/lenovo-ideapad-330-15ich-a-606e-pc-portable-15-full-gtx-1050-quad-i5-coffee.html)

1. I managed to cast the laptop through the casting option dedicated to smartphones, but the image was compressed and of very bad quality. When I try to detect wireless projectors from my laptop, the PPM does not appear. However, when I scan for bluetooth devices, it does and I managed to pair the laptop and the PPM, but on windows no option is available regarding the PPM.
    On the amplifier: yes it does support bluetooth and eg I manage to cast the sound of my phone and laptop.

2. OK thanks.

Edit: do you think an HDMI cable would fix the issue?

Many thanks for your help on this.

Anatole

If your laptop has HDMI out, using HDMI is almost certainly a safer bet. Without knowing exactly what your laptop supports, it’s hard to say whether you can use USB-C to connect it to PPM or not.

2 Likes

OK thank you. Is there a way though to link the laptop to the PPM wirelessly? Is it through bluetooth or wifi?