New Users Start Here

OK thank you. Is there a way though to link the laptop to the PPM wirelessly? Is it through bluetooth or wifi?

I am also looking for the full user manual but cannot find it on the philips support page. Does it exist?

It was being worked on, should be done soon.

Just to update that recently Philips has published the User Manual on their website.

I finally got my PPM yesterday :smiley: and it generally works well but I have some issues which I would like some advice on:

1. Is there no way for movies from apps to be cast via Airplay until I use a lightning to HDMI adapter? I decided to download the apps on to PPM and that helps but it’s disappointing that Airplay can’t be used except to mirror the iPhone or iPad.

2. Can I update the individual apps (except Netflix?) as some apps that came with PPM do not set permission to do so? Should I overwrite the settings and update the apps or wait for software update from Philips?

3. When connecting to a laptop via a USB-c cable, the projection of a movie seems smaller than what is displayed on the laptop. Does anyone know how to resolve this?

Look forward to your help. Thank you!

Hi, welcome!

1. Screen Mirroring not working. iOS

2. Yes, you can update like that. Best however is to use Aptoide store and update the apps from there, that way you only need to set the permissions for the Aptoide store.

3. Check your resolution settings in Windows 10.

Thank you for your help!

Regarding pt 3, do I get my laptop (it’s a macbook) to mirror my projector’s resolution or my projector to mirror my laptop’s resolution to get a better projection?

You can both screen mirror and use AirPlay with a Mac or even set it up and extend and use the ppm as a separate display wirelessly

Cool! Will give it a try! Thanks!

Hi @IvoGrijt,

I updated an app (Disney +) yesterday and now it does not work. Is there anyway to revert back to the previous working version?

Thank you.

Hi @IvoGrijt,

It’s ok now. I managed to fix it by uninstalling and downloading the earlier version via the Aptoide Store.

1 Like

Hi, I´m a new user. I wonder if I have to create an Aptoide account?

No, not needed IIRC

Ok, sorry everyone, I have now received the PPM, I must admit it looks and feels quality, apologies for venting my frustration with the waiting time on here, I did manage to get it here in France is there a specific process i need to follow now? As I am old fashioned I have plugged it in tonight for an overnight charge (don’t laugh we had to do it back then with old batteries) so I was just wondering what to do next tomorrow? Any specific order I must follow? I have wifi here. We are on our 3rd bottle of wine now outside so no updates tonight:D:D:D I do realise this must have been answered before but I would appreciate a pointer as to how to watch a movie tomorrow outside. I promise to send pictures of the setting and the device:D

1 Like
  1. Read the Guides, it’s on top of this page and all pages on this forum

2. Do not update the Netflix app

3. And if you got some time to spare and want to know everything, you never knew you wanted to know about the PPX, then read the manual below.

Ok, thank you, after first day I must say i am impressed, the projector feels solid, picture is very good, there is no fan noise, everything works well so far, no glitches, update was smooth and I am an apple user used to things running smoothly. I am not a geek so not interested in the inner workings of this thing, the UI is very nice, super easy to set up wifi and remote is brilliant. I have connected a UE Roll speaker and it took a few tries to find it and pair. Wifi is very strong, it gets my main router signal in a place where my iPhone doesn’t. Internal speakers are weak but I did not expect anything else. Netflix is a bit difficult to navigate as it doesn’t highlight the chosen movie at all, you sort of guess you are on it and press ok or use the arrow mode which is brilliantly magic but not so handy. Also I don’t know how to pause video on netflix easily so again am suing the arrow which is a bot of a pain.I haven’t used anything else yet. Tripod is cool, auto focus is magic including keeping focus when wind flapped my screen. I recon I owe the makers an apology after my rants, I will post some more photographs tomorrow One thing I would say is there a good setting to use or just stick to the predefined settings on contrast sharpness etc. I was using battery saving mode and watched 2.5 hours of video with external speaker and had 60% of battery left

2 Likes

Hey!
Thanks for the first impression!
In fact to get a smooth navigation on Netflix or Amazon , please pair the remote with Bluetooth so you can use the AirMote function! No more issues on Netflix with that feature :slight_smile:

Mate i am still finding amazon very blurry. I updated the app that came with the projector

What’s blurry, Amazon video’s playback of video content, or the user interface screen before starting playback, or everything?
Which version are you now using?
Which firmware revision exactly are you on?

Mate here are the information u wanted
Ppx version 1.1.03
The video is blurry. Interface and everything else is fine

Prime video version 3.0.277.15557

1 Like

I showed this to my son, and he had a brilliant suggestion:
Try pausing the video when it’s blurry, do the UI elements shown also show up blurry or are they sharp? Or if you manage to put subtitles on, are those blurry also?

One question I also have as I can’t see that from a still image: is it motion blur or out of focus blur?