PicoPix Max Battery Not Charging

2nd pic…

Why would you think it is the charger/cable though? I tried the charger with a usb-c to lightning and it seemed to work fine.

Using the cable + philips charger, I just tried using it to charge my portable battery that accepts USB-C and also seems to work ok.

1 Like

Should I try a hard reset (what are the steps?), possible that the firmware update overnight might have caused some issue?

Hi @daniel.see sorry for the delay, our engineers are discussing what could have gone wrong and whether there’s a solution without calling the product back. But if you don’t want to wait, you can start a warranty replacement now.

1 Like

So this method that’s in the official manual has not been tried? and is not even worth a try?

1 Like

Hi @ThunderStrk it is surely worth a try, it might solve the problem in many cases. But the troubleshooting steps written in the manual cannot be exhaustive, a lot more things could have gone wrong. We need to analyze it deeper in case a simple reset doesn’t solve it.

1 Like

Hi, thanks for the screenshot, I tried resetting and the behaviour seems to have changed a little bit, where previously nothing would happen when plugging in.

In both cases where the PPM is on and off, plugging in the charger, the LED turns red for a few seconds then charging LED turns off if PPM is off, or turns back to blue if PPM is on. There is also a very faint “clicking” sound in the charger when this happens.

I can see now why you would think it is the charger problem (can’t draw high enough wattage?) possibly. My worry is that sending it back might not reproduce the problem without the charger going along.

I have also taken the charger out from the extension socket and plugged directly to a main, the Red LED comes on for a slightly longer time (10-15 secs), but it will still turn off eventually.

Regarding replacement form:

I have actually filled out the return form online 2 days ago when the customer service sent over the link, but I haven’t heard anything since then. Can I return it then (both PPM and charger) for replacement? It doesn’t look like I can do much here as I don’t really have >30W USB-C chargers lying around or any USB-C devices that require >65W power to try and further test out the charger.

Let me know if you want me to try anything else.

Thank you.

1 Like

And of course after I gave up fiddling with the charging after countless plugs and unplugs and wrote the post, I walk out of the room to find it still maintaining the charging status, so it has charged about 10% already 46 - 56%.

I have to head out now so, not comfortable leaving it charging unattended.

Will update more over the weekend to see how it holds up. But first thoughts is the reset button definitely changed something in its behavior.

Charged till 72% and stopped… seems to be able to hold the charging status longer.

Any ideas?

Hi to everyone!

Similar situation happened to me as well. The PPM just stopped charging and LED indicator doesn’t show any light. Yesterday, everything was working well, but now, I cannot charge it. I’ve tried the troubleshooting process described before, even making the hard reset with a pin, but nothing changed. The adapter and cable are easily charging my Samsung S10+. I’ve tried to connect PPM to some other cables and chargers, but nothing happens. Also, when I try to plug USB C to video port, the LED indicator shows yellow light and is okay to go… so it isn’t a problem with the adapter or cable… I’m wondering is it a faulty unit and what is the procedure?

I’m so sad this happened, I was really waiting patiently and was happy to use it for business purposes next week, but now it seems I’m stuck with an old bulky projector. :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot,
Dom

With the possibility of lockdowns coming back into effect in many places, I would personally not send back my unit unless I absolutely need to.

So try to buy a charger that’s compatible and if that proves to work then only send back the charger. If need be you may even be able to test the charging in a store that sells something compatible, so you can try one out before you buy it.

1 Like

Hi @IvoGrijt, thanks for your answer. I am also not keen on sending it back, especially with new lockdown happening (I’m aware of the whole situation with shipping).

Will try to find compatible charger and get back again here with the results. Hopefully, it’s a faulty charger, not device :confused:

Hi everyone, is it ok to leave the PPM connected to the AC power all the time? I did not turn off the main switch. Will it damage the battery or the unit? Thanks!

1 Like

I don’t think it will do any damage but I like to unplug it when I’m done, it’s not a good thing longterm for the battery to always be topped up at full capacity and not allowed to drain, plus in case of a storm and power surges even though the risk is small it can happen and fry your unit, and that applies to all sensitive appliances computers etc.

1 Like

Mine has reverted back to no response or briefly Red LED when plugging in. Charged status now around 75%.

I don’t really have a use case for 65W USB charging, which costs ~80-100 SGD over here. So not really keen to spend more for a product that hasn’t proven itself in the household… yet. We stopped using in Feb coz the UI was just god awful and just wasn’t worth the hassle to setup each time.

The charger itself is able to charge an Anker 20000 battery, various game controllers via USB-C and iPhones vis USB-C to lightning to 100% just fine. You might argue maybe it needs to draw higher wattage to get the issue to reproduce, but that’s something I haven’t heard yet on these forums or anywhere else.

Are returns an option as well (I see it’s an option in the form), maybe that’s for the best if this remains unresolved.

Let me know, thanks.

I’ve hard reset again (using a pin to poke the hole near the USB ports), this time while the PPM is on, it restarted straight away, fans on full and the charging status is holding up. fairly similar to what happened last Fri.

…Yet. Pretty soon you might, and if you get one with multiple ports you can charge multiple devices easily.

Returns are indeed an option, especially if you found it on the form.

Just to update that I got a prolink 100W USB-C charger that outputs a dedicated 100W on one port. PPM still exhibits the same behaviour of charging for a little while then stops. Swapping between cables didn’t seem to help.

Not sure if it’s because it has been lying dormant again since the last post till the charger came, then this “short charging” duration came back (was able to sustain a much longer charging status after the pin hole reset). Battery now lies around >70%.

I have not had any contact with the logistics staff as of this morning, so not sure what is going on. A DHL guy did come this morning to pick up… something, but I had no idea what was happening, and since Philips logistics didn’t give me a heads up or any communications whatsoever, I had to send him away empty handed as he couldn’t show who the requestor of the pick up was.

1 Like

Hi
I have a similar problem with my projector. I’ve been using it almost daily between 2-5 hours a day and today when I woke up and turned on the projector it just would not charge. I’ve tried different cables and adapters (60W & 100W) and also ended up buying a brand new usb c cable with 100W capacity. But in the end I had no luck for it to work. I even followed some of the steps on here and tried to reset it. The socket looks fine to me

Please can you help me.

1 Like

Try this: Let the battery run down to 0% and leave it overnight. Then charge it to 100% and let it stay connected for a few more hours. This should recalibrate the battery.

If this doesn’t solve the problem, it’s time to ask for warranty repair.

1 Like

My problem is that when you connect the cable it doesn’t charge at all. There is no charging light or any sign that it is charging. How would I sign up for a replacement unit?