PicoPix Max dead on arrival

Here’s a short video of the issue: https://photos.app.goo.gl/REnVNRsRPFKsFSPY8

Well, what do you know, I shook the device before packing it up, and the light turned on… It is currently working, and I’m updating the firmware before anything else.

Doesn’t inspire confidence in the QC or the product really…

4 Likes

This could be a QC failure or a handling failure afterwards (still not good but plausible defect origin).

Get in touch with support@screeneo.com anyways, send them a link to this thread also and wait and see what will come of it. Instead of asking for a replacement right away you might want to wait with getting the replacement (not the reporting, do that right away) until there’s more certain on new deliveries.

I did that, but I already filled out the return Form as they requested.

You are right about holding off returning, I will wait for the stock to pile up first, and see how things are looking in time.

Thanks!

1 Like

Contact them again about that last part then, telling them it started working but that you’re afraid it’s a loose connection which might become undone again through use at a later time.

1 Like

Hi @ViktorM you’re right this was a QC issue (at first). But since we had many more reports of this than expected, I had the production engineer check this. We found that the cable for the light source is a bit too short, adding around 2-3 mm of length solved the issue. But there were still many units produced and ship by the time it was corrected. Since this is a manufacturing defect, these units are being replaced under warranty. If yours works, please keep it, and only send it back if it happens again. Reason being that replacement process is bit of a mess right now. Better to wait for the backlog to be sorted first, in 2 weeks or so it will start running normally. Additionally, if you send it in now, they’ll check and find it working and return it back :neutral_face: I’m checking if they replace the cable anyway.

3 Likes

Thanks @Philips_Support_P, that is what I intend to do, used it for about 2h yesterday without issues. And Isent and email back to support to hold off with the pickup, hopefully it won’t cause too much trouble…

The issue is documented here, if it happens again I’ll call upon this thread to return under warranty once the stock is normalized.

1 Like

I’m having the exact same issue with my PPM as @ViktorM . I can get it the lamp to turn on sometimes after multiple power cycles and finding the “magic” position to orient the PPM while powering it on. Should I contact support now to get the process started or hold off? I don’t want to have to ship it back and not have a projector that I can get to work occasionally while waiting weeks for a replacement.

1 Like

I must say the picture via Apple TV is amazing when it works! Approximately 144” displayed on my wall with no screen.

1 Like

After you managed to power it on, does the light go out if you move the PPM into the right projection position?

And if once in that position you turn it off and try again next time to put it on (day the next day), does it turn on without issues?

I watched a couple of movies last night (4+ hours) without any issues. I have it mounted on a tripod and turned it off using the remote control. I tried using the remote to turn it on this morning and the lamp won’t start again. If it’s a loose connection, it only seems to affect lamp startup.

Edit: I’m wondering if the loose connection is only needed very briefly at startup. After it illuminates, it then disconnects when I move the projector into the position I need it in. Once I got it started and in position, the projector wasn’t moved/touched again. I don’t know if the power cord being plugged in makes a difference or not. I’ve always had it disconnected when trying to get it to start up, but that might be more of a cord length limitation. When the lamp finally does light up and I connect the power cord, the fourth led lights up as expected.

1 Like

If the cable length is exactly at the limit to make a marginal connection, expansion from heat during use might be enough to help it reach better. Pure guess, but could fit the description of how it tends to be hard to get it to start, but it will often keep going when lit.

1 Like

Hi,
I just received my unit a few days ago after waiting 7 Months.

Well I’m pretty sure it’s broken, when I power up the PPM, I hear all the ventilators but no image is coming out of it, even after 15 min of power on.

I tried to fully charge the battery, remove the adapter, wait 12h, anything and still no image at all.

I’ve contacted support, but no response so far…

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi @Arthurs

It seems you encounter this hardware issue :

Read the following posts in the same thread.
You’ll see there’s some kind of tricks which sometimes help to have it working, but if it’s confirmed, you’ll have to send it back to have a new fully working one.

1 Like

Hi jpriley01,
Can you describe the position you used to get it to work ?

I’ll try that…

Thanks.

I have the exact same issue. Tried all the troubleshoot steps and the projection leds won’t come on. I created a support ticket yesterday. Quite a bummer as i’ve waited this since september to arrive. How long will the replacement process take after i have shipped my unit back?

I too am having the same issue after receiving my PPM today. None of the troubleshooting steps helped resolve the issue.

To initiate a return request, please contact support either by email support@screeneo.com or via https://support.screeneo.com (top right corner of page).

1 Like

Got the same issue unfortunately. Will try shaking it and start the return process. FML

Same issue here. Waited for 9 months and was eager to check it out. What do you get, a broken machine. I am really dissapointed.