PicoPix Max dead on arrival

@Philips_Support_P I’ve sent a support request but haven’t heard back in two days. Any way to speed this up? I waited for a month for the delivery and over 9 for the product, I don’t mind waiting more but I’d at least like to know that my support query is being looked at.

1 Like

It’s the same thing for me. They were quick to point me to this link (Troubleshooting: Projector won't power on / no picture display / shuts down soon after starting), but it’s been radio silence since…

Hi @tzegmott if you’ve already sent your troubleshooting report, it will be checked by an engineer and your replacement will be approved swiftly. But since it’s the weekend now you may have to wait until Monday. If you can send me your ticket # I can try to speed it up.

1 Like

Dear Alessandro,
We are sorry to learn you face an issue with our product. We just sent you a Return form in order to arrange the pickup and proceed with the replacement afterwards.
Should you need further assistance, please let us know.
Best regards,

1 Like

Dear Tarik,
We are sorry to learn you face an issue with our product. We just sent you a Return form in order to arrange the pickup and proceed with the replacement afterwards.
Should you need further assistance, please let us know.
Best regards,

1 Like

Hi, sad to report my PPM is also showing issues with no light from the lamp on startup. Had been working fine since I first received the unit ( about 4 days ) I also managed to apply recent firmware upgrade which looked like a big improvement on fan noise and user interface.

I have unplugged all devices and cables and the unit behaves in the same way as video uploaded by @ViktorM. Unit displays solid blue light, hear fan noise & auto focus noises.

EDIT: have managed to bring lamp back to life. I shook the unit very lightly and pressed the power button, and now we have light projection. I did spot some blurred vertical stripes on display briefly but after a few auto focus operations display appears ok.

Will keep a watch on this issue but fear I need to return unit soon.

1 Like

@Philips_Support_T Where’s my return form? #19028

Hello,
Thanks for your message.
As you know, the pandemic situation is strongly impacting business worldwide and also slowing down logistics process, as a consequence it may be some delay to send you shipping labels to arrange the pickup.
Please be ensured we’ll proceed with your request as soon as possible and, in the meantime, we thank you for your patience and understanding.
With our best regards,

1 Like

Please contact support with your issue and explain what you’ve seen and what you did try so far. Personally a unit that only works when the stars align is not a functioning unit, so please start a return process ASAP.

Received my pico Max today but no picture is showing up. The fans spin up and the led turns blue but no picture is shown. No matter if connected to the wallplug or running on internat battery.
Am i missing something here or did i got a broken unit?

It looks like the same issue a guy posted on YouTube.

1 Like

this does not work for me. The projector is never lighting up.

Have you already done the troubleshooting according to the instructions here? If not, please do that and report your results. If you already have completed that and nothing helped, please contact support either by email support@screeneo.com or via https://support.screeneo.com (top right corner of page). Remember to include your results from the troubleshooting, it will make the whole process smoother.

like i wrote in my first post, leds show the correspondings colors but the led lightsource never turns itself on and is apparently a known manufacturing issue on thoose units. I already wrote support an mail and wait for response. I have no real hopes of a quick turn around since well we are in May already for something that was suppose to be here half a year ago.
Anyways at least i received a broken unit :wink: some are still waiting to receive anything and with the way 2020 has rode us all a broken promise is a nuisance but not the end of the world.

1 Like

You can’t infer current and future results from recent or past results, as we have learned a lot from the road so far, have overcome many issues, including lockdowns and temporary factory closures, shipping nightmares (still struggling with those a bit) and so forth. We are producing them and each unit with an issue leads to the next batches being better. So you might get an even better unit, sooner than the 5-8 month wait so far.

? get a better unit? Every single damn unit should be pristine. We paid pristine money for that and therefore every single unit should be pristine. That the hole production lacks QA left and right is no secret and is actually a sad state.
I don’t care about things that are out of the hands of Screneo, like shipping hassles or global pandemics. But quality of their products is 110% their fault and their responsebility and no one elses. No one forced them to send and not recall faulty units. They let the customer sort this stuff out with is a pretty shitty move.

I feel for you, receiving a faulty projector after waiting for this long is a bummer, no doubt. But good QC doesn’t mean that every unit gets tested, just that a sample big enough passes the quality control. There will inevitably be some faulty units that slip through. I’ve had experiences like yours with other big brand products.

If you are interested, the QC process is explained in more detail in this post: General info about shipment and manufacturing

If you have sent your complaint through the right channels, you will get a working projector in the end.

Its clear to me how the QA process works and how PR processes work. :wink: i’m sure everyone followed the process so faar the ups and downs and the issues and non issues.
Anyways, i contacted support and lets see how long all of this will take.

1 Like

Hi @Philips_Support_P

I have sent my report 10 days ago and no reply. I am wondering what is happening.

Here a forum version:
Check Power Adapter and USB cable

Are you pressing and holding the power button (on the projector or the remote) for a few seconds? Yes
Are you using the supplied power adapter and USB-C cable? Yes
Do you see red/blue flashing LED on plugging in the charger? This means the power adapter you’ve connected is not supported. Please use the supplied power adapter.

If you’re using the supplied adapter and cable, continue to the next section.
Check battery charge status

Make sure the projector is powered OFF.
Connect the power adapter to the projector. Make sure you plug it into the right side USB-C port (charging port), not the left side (video port)!
Does the LED turn red? If yes, let it charge for 3 hours until the LED turns blue. Then unplug it, and power it on. Does it work? Yes
If the LED doesn’t light up at all, check that:
    the adapter is receiving power from the wall socket.
    do you have another USB-C device? Can the PicoPix adapter charge that device? If not, the adapter may be faulty.
If the LED lights up blue, it means the battery is fully charged. Continue to next section.

Check display problems

If your projector can turn on but doesn’t display any picture, check this as you power on the projector:

Do you see the white Philips logo startup screen? No
    if yes, but there is no picture afterwards, check that all cables (HDMI / USB-C) are unplugged.
    does pressing the home button on the remote or touchpad causes the home screen to appear? No
    does pressing the autofocus button on the remote show the focusing screen? No
Does the projector power off shortly after showing the home screen? It could be a thermal shutdown. check next section.

Thermal shutdown

If you don’t see the Philips startup screen, or the projector powers off soon after starting up, check the following:

Do you hear the fan spinning up when you power on the projector? Yes
Do you have at least 30 cm free space on all sides of the projector to allow free movement of air? Ye
What is the altitude of your city? (the atmosphere might be thin!) under water (Netherlands)
What is the room temperature where you’re using the projector? (20 degrees)

Hope to get some feedback.

Best,

Georges

1 Like

After the initial contact and refering to answere tons of completly stupid unrelated “throubleshooting” questions radio silence.
Its pretty clear that the product is broken if the led engine does not start up at all after turning the max on. But apparently to be 100% clear that the damn thing is broken and does not turn on they send you on a funny generic support ride. I am still missing the question if i am a terrorist or some bs when the max just does not turn on and when its clear already that theya are fully aware of the damn issues of thoose batches the’ve send out and since then apparently fixed that too short cable and still do odd ridiculous support dances for them to take their broken stuff back and investigate themself whats broken and replace it with a working unit.
Basic customer support would be too much to ask. Instead lets put more silly burden on the customer who already paid in full! What did you eat for breakfast? Is your mother name Karen? Do you own a pink dogwhistle. Does the broken projector start working when you close your eyes and put your fingers in your ears?
We’ll get back to you to see if we can find some more bs to throw at you at a later time, stay tuned.

2 Likes