PicoPix Max FAQ

Do the modes also work for external inputs?

Ceiling mode (image flip on x & y) was confirmed to work across all sources, so back projection (flip x) also has to work that way (in the DLPC)

Just out of curiosity if image flip works in all directions then couldnā€™t some form of 4 corner transform or correction also be applied? @wernerj

No as the flips are as simple as clocking out pixels/lines in the opposite direction, itā€™s still very much a 1:1 pixel correlation. The V keystone correction is different though but still nowhere near as complex as 4-corner.

Arenā€™t both just matrix transforms?

They can be, but the pure V keystone case will be drastically simpler to implement in hardware than a full transform would be. The flips are even easier, very few gates needed to implement those.

1 Like

Online user instructions please!

1 Like

Andrea, we are on it, the company is working on the user manual

1 Like

Hello Philips, i got my PPM last night 23 Jan, and i upgraded the software today, initially the netflix are pixelated then after software upgrade alot of noise came out as if im watching a movie wayback in the 70ā€™s

Hi @Leng_Samonte please go to Projector Settings > Image > Color adjustments > Sharpness and set it to zero or a very low value. It will improve the quality a lot.

2 Likes

I mailed the picomax mail, and it seems to be an indiegogo. Hello@picomax.com.

The reply says it cannot answer etas and suchā€¦ but I am requesting a refund and there does not seem to be mentioned anywhere how or where to request a refund. What is the correct mail to use to request a refund?

That is indeed the correct email adress:) please be aware that they are quite busy, so reply might take a bit longer;)

I sent my refund request to hello@picopix.com 22 days ago and got an automated reply from Philips. Which is correct?

Hi @Kasper_Olesen thatā€™s not the correct email address. Itā€™s hello@picopix.com not picomax!

@vmvschijndel please note the above!

To add to this, I want to say that any of the following emails is OK, it may delay a response but your email will not be lost if you sent it to the ā€˜wrongā€™ one. We will internally reroute it.

the following is NOT correct: anything @ picomax.com ā€” we donā€™t own this domain.

My apologies, have probably read it to quickly. Sorry for the mistake @3dwag

No problem! All has been clarified, so allā€™s well that ends well.

If it makes you feel any better, I had originally sent a first email a few days earlier to bugreport@screeno.com ā€“ see the problem? (it should have been bugreport@screeneo.com) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
the ā€œscreenoā€ email bounced an ā€œundeliverableā€ notice to me after 3 or 4 days. Oh, well, I composed a better email and was able to add some photos.

support@ā€¦

1 Like

Fixed!

1 Like

Can this be more explained?

@Philips_Support_N can you answer this?

1 Like