PicoPix Max One? New model being released

Hi guys! Can someone explain what are the differences with this projector? What is the operating system? Does it has the same limitation such as horizontal keystone correction over hdmi?

Article says it will cost 529 USD, which is actually pretty competitive.

Regards

3 Likes

In this article the last 2 photoā€™s of the projectors are swapped,
but at the end it says that the Picopix Max One runs on Linux and that the battery should last 5 hours.

1 Like

So what is the OS in the new Max? My only grudge on the current is the hardware is slow!

The details seem vague and sounds like the things theyā€™ve done in PPMā€™s firmware updates. But if itā€™s actually a Linux OS then I would assume itā€™s not a ā€œsmartā€ projector anymore so itā€™s a lot cheaper?

It looks better though, I like that itā€™s not non-shiny

1 Like

ā€˜Picopix Max little brotherā€™

1 Like

Iā€™m wondering if the same hardware limitations apply to the Max One, or if the HDMI problem has been fixed:

4-corner-correction and Bluetooth with HDMI and USB-C sources

If they made it work, Iā€™ll gladly have another look at the new projector, I donā€™t need the smart part at all.

2 Likes

+1 if this new model fixed these issues, I am ready to switch over

1 Like

Has anyone checked the dimensions if theyā€™re the same?
I feel like the details are still not enough or a bit vague. No mention of lemons.
Also, the store says Netflix and Prime is preinstalled but the document says it has Linux as the OS. I donā€™t think thereā€™s a Netflix app for Linux.

Also,a notable difference as well is the DC port for charging instead of type-C. That for me maybe the deal breaker. Hopefully, they release PicoPix Max One X next year with real improvements or PicoPix Max Series X for next-gen projector experience :laughing:

2 Likes

According to the PDF @Dean_Newton attached, it has HDMI ARC AND CEC Support. Looks more like a twin updated brother than ā€œlittle brotherā€.

1 Like

It looks like a real public version, which can be sold in the real market.
The ppm will stay an indigogo version for nerds :slight_smile:

We were the beta testers for this stable version

3 Likes

Hello guys, the Max One is a downgrade from the Max, like a little brother. We removed the OS, removed all smart function and made a very affordable Full HD with the same light engine as Max. 4 corners is now working everywhere and for sure, as there is no OS, nor wifi or Bluetooth, the battery is now going up to 5h. (same battery as Max).
No autofocus but electric one, no touchpad.
Sound is netter compared to Max, the size of the speaker is the same but better driver.

2 Likes

No, we are selling it everywhere, even at Best Buy or MediaMarkt

No Bluetooth?

1 Like

no, this is a very simple Full HD projector. We removed all smart functions compared to Max to get a very aggressive price.

1 Like

The problem a lot of people had with the Max, even prior to the shipping kinks, was the missing functionality on HDMI (or USB-C for that matter). Itā€™s sad that even the updated version doesnā€™t bring those sought after hardware upgrades to the table. I think itā€™s finally time to lay my interest in the PPM to rest, for good this time.

Thanks for clarifying the details. I think itā€™s a good projector for those who just want to have portable projector which you can use with an external source. PPMā€™s internal software wasnā€™t good anyway although personally, I still want the smart functions even theyā€™re a bit mediocre.

Will it be possible to downgrade the picopix max to this firmware/software. I use an android TV stick on the HDMI port, so I donā€™t need wifi, bluetooth, or any apps on the projecter. I just want the oportunity to adjust the picture of the projector while using the HDMI port. Hope I can get this ā€œdowngradeā€ on my PPM cause then it would be perfect for me.

2 Likes

My guess is that it wonā€™t be possible since they still have differences in hardware. My suggestion would be to sell your PPM and get this one. You might even a few bucks back :smile:

1 Like

Hmā€¦, combine that new PPM ONE with an affordable streaming stick and you end up with a better deal than the regular PPMā€¦ imhoā€¦

1 Like

yeah i would also jump on that tbhā€¦