PicoPix Max One? New model being released

Thanks for clarifying the details. I think it’s a good projector for those who just want to have portable projector which you can use with an external source. PPM’s internal software wasn’t good anyway although personally, I still want the smart functions even they’re a bit mediocre.

Will it be possible to downgrade the picopix max to this firmware/software. I use an android TV stick on the HDMI port, so I don’t need wifi, bluetooth, or any apps on the projecter. I just want the oportunity to adjust the picture of the projector while using the HDMI port. Hope I can get this “downgrade” on my PPM cause then it would be perfect for me.

2 Likes

My guess is that it won’t be possible since they still have differences in hardware. My suggestion would be to sell your PPM and get this one. You might even a few bucks back :smile:

1 Like

Hm…, combine that new PPM ONE with an affordable streaming stick and you end up with a better deal than the regular PPM… imho…

1 Like

yeah i would also jump on that tbh…

The PicoPix Max One is not an upgrade but the little brother. Indeed we corrected the bug with the 4corners on HDMI/USB-C.

1 Like

nope sorry. the platform is totally different

it depends, some clients want a real standalone product. max One needs a dongle or a PC/Mac

Stay put we will announce 2 new PicoPix soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

yes, granted.

exciting :slight_smile:

Looks like an upgrade to me, as many users reflect that PPM “smart” experience is a hurdle and reliant too much on workarounds. At least, basic features like HDMI CEC, ARC and a polished UI seem to be covered in PPM One.

Almost a full year has passed since I placed my order (still waiting) and I´ve been patient so far because there is no similar projector that tick all the boxes (form factor, battery life and brightness) but this announcement is a game-changer and makes me consider asking for a refund (retail price of the new model is pretty close to what I paid for PPM).

Is PPM One expected to be released at the end of November? How about brightness? does it share the same lumens as PPM?

Thanks

2 Likes

Hello, yes exactly the same engine as Max. We already shipped to our distributors, they should start to sell within this month

2 Likes

@Philips_Support_N @Philips_Support_N

Please, check your PM`s , I´m requesting a refund

What is the difference between autofocus and motorized focus?
Is there a color adjustment function and a zoom function?
Can I buy Maxone on Amazon.com?

Are you still going to give support to the ppmax? Movistar, amazon prime and Netflix aptoides are not workjng. I can log in, select the movie and then a black screen without audio, just information over time running.
Not to talk about the corners when proyecting content through cromecast. Also the Amazon smart fire stick is givjng the same problem when conected to the ppm, black screen, only information over the time running.
On top of that I have a sonos audio system and I end up conecting a much worse speaker with a cable because bluetooth doesn’t work either!!!
Very tiring and disapointing.

Did you update the prime and Netflix apps through Aptoide, you weren’t supposed to and that could be why you are having an issue. Uninstall them and then a link to the app download should pop up.

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll try that.
To be honest my technical background is limited and so is my English, and there are many conversations opened. I may have skipped that tip.
kind regards,
Eva

1 Like

Good luck, let us know if that fixes the issue and if not hopefully between some of us users we can help you

Yes please don’t update Prime or Netflix. As we say: if something work, don’t touch it…