PicoPix Max Tips/Tricks/Hacks/Mods

Please share Tips/Tricks/Hacks/Mods for PPM.

1 Like

Iā€™ll share the first one: click 6 times (press OK) on the software version in settings->About to open the hidden default android settings menu. Itā€™s useful first and foremost to connect to WiFi if the settings app is bugging out.

21 Likes

Waow, cool first tip !
Very good to know.

Have you others as useful as this one ?

1 Like

Is there a way to boot recovery mode or fastboot?
In case that, you mess the system and make it unbootable. Recovery mode can be used to factory reset.

2 Likes

Looks like the instructions you need are hereā€¦

4 Likes

Or for future reference, you can boot into the stock recovery (for factory reset) as follows:

• turn the projector completely off (e.g. long-hold the power button)
  • make sure there is nothing in the USB-A port
  • insert a pin into the ā€˜recoveryā€™ pinhole. Two pinholes are one the side of the PPM; recovery is the one closest to the usb-c port (the other is a hard reset)
  • while pressing the button inside this pinhole, power on the projector with the power button. Release the power button, then release the pinhole.
  • You should get a screen with a robot, and the text ā€œno commandā€. This is the stock recovery.
  • Press the ā€˜powerā€™ button, and while holding it press ā€˜volume upā€™ on the device. This should bring you in the recovery menu.
  • You can navigate the menu with the volume keys, or the remote control via IR.
7 Likes

Please can you post a picture of it?? ā€¦ also another one for the Factory reset pinhole for future reference.
Iā€™m still waiting for my PPM so ā€¦ itā€™s very easy to forgetā€¦

Rino

Mount /system let me assume I can access a shell some how? serial terminal at /dev/usbā€¦?
yeb usb-c power port gives you /dev/tty.usbserial-1410 and /dev/cu.usbserial-1410
ā€¦

Is Android Recovery same on android devices? Where can I read the basics about android stuff (not linux basics)
edit: okay It seems to be pretty well known

You cannot do much with the built-in recovery except the factory reset. Basically what it needs to do.

Fyi: The serial interface is only available via pins on the PCB. The serial interface in power USB-C is connected to the USB-C video translator chip, not the main system. ADB will not work since the USB-A is in host mode by default, and needs to be switched to gadget mode.

I installed ā€œSettings Appā€ application, there is a little bit more option I think. (not working all icon but I am satisfied).

For example, i this app - Settings - Device preferences - Advanced setting - Performance Dialog - ON ā€¦ you can see CPU usage, CPU temperatureā€¦ always on the screen .

Has anyone managed to install Gapps through this method? Curious?