Power on/off issues

I’ve had my PPM for a week now and it has been a joy to use it. However today it has started to “act up”. When I shut it down, it doesn’t shut down completely. The blue LED is still on. It doesn’t help that I press the physical button, or the button on the remote. The blue LED is still on. In this state, the projector refuses to power on also. The only work-around that I have found is to hold the physical power on/off-button for 10 seconds. That will make the LED turn off and after that the projector is also possible to turn on.

What can be the cause of this, and how can it be remedied?

1 Like

Seems you’ve found a workaround, so - great! :slight_smile:

You can try to completely drain the battery, then charge it back up and try again. Sometimes “The Microsoft Method” can do magic: If it doesn’t work - restart it. If it still doesn’t work - re-install it! :rofl:

Is this behavior repeatable, i.e. is it still doing that when you try to shut it off now?

Hmm, that’s strange. Now it works as it should again… I have no idea what could have caused this, but I am happy again.

I’ve seen this once in the 4,5 months I have had mine, when the unit hung while shutting down.

1 Like

My projector shows the correct battery status, etc. but the LED is always blue when the cord is in and completIy charged. (Turned it off via the remote). Should the LED goes black? When it’s off? Or is this “normal”

Have you played around with the screen saver settings in the hidden menu? That can cause this, and if you did go back and disable it as it’s unpredictable don’t mess with it.

Yes that should be normal

3 Likes

Very normal. The blue LED simply indicates that the battery isn’t being charged (but the charger circuitry is powered from the external AC adapter). It’s really the exact same thing when the projector is powered on, then the blue LED still simply indicated the same thing “not charging” (but that small part of the charging circuitry is not powered by the battery). The only time the blue and red LEDs will both be off is when the PPM is powered off and no charger is connected.

4 Likes