Power ON Password

Hi,
I was wondering if it’s possible to add the feature of password (numeric of course) at the time of powering ON device.

Regards
Yaqoob

You mean like an unlock code on phones?

Yes, exactly, kinda PIN etc.

1 Like

I voted.

I wonder though: how would you reset the pin code if you lost or forgot it? The device has no reset hole, or user accesible internals that could be used. Any key press combination to clear it would also defeat the purpose of the pin in the first place.

So if considered, this will have to be thought about as well before it can be implemented if at all possible.

Could be a reset via an email or something like that or personal questions etc. Sooner or later PPM will be upgraded to have more apps’ support which would require some type of security or privacy in case losing the device, or even during normal use.

Reset could be pressing the power button for 30 seconds to factory reset the PPMax.

In fact, I would like to be able to press the button for 10 seconds to force reboot the PPMax.

When setting the PIN, it could also write a file to a USB drive which could be use to sign in to the PPMax or for PIN code recovery.

Come to think of it, I would like to be able to backup the configuration of the PPMax to a USB drive for restoring if I need to factory reset. Backup should include all settings plus app placeholders.

2 Likes

@Philips_Support_P any chance of getting it in the next update?

Hi @Yaqoob this feature is not planned for the near future.

2 Likes