PPM Down Under! User experiences and questions

Buy a much bigger box. To accommodate the big Tripod, Bluetooth speaker and screen. :sweat_smile:

:joy:
The screen is about 1.8m long when folded!

Just came across this tripod for those of us using the Pico outside…

Possibly heresy using a Nebula tripod, but it seems to be a good solution and less hassle than trying to get the poorly designed tripod mount to fit properly on my camera tripod.

Interesting find! Something for the list of things to check @Philips_Support_P?

ABC iview works fine for me.

Would you like to sign up as a beta-tester? We have a new launcher that we’re testing…

I’m having this same problem with iView and SBS OnDemand too…
Standalone apps on the home screen just don’t work at all - the iView app just opens whatever previous screen was open (whether that was Netflix, YouTube or just the PPM settings screen etc) while SBS does nothing.
I installed both through Aptoide and both work immediately after installation on Aptoide, but once I close Aptoide and re-open neither are in ‘My Apps’
The only way to view SBS OnDemand is through the Firefox app…

Otherwise I’m happy - Netflix is fine once I get used to the interface, which is a bit meh (the app wont update for some reason) and sound is bluetoothed to my soundbar easily enough.

1 Like

Never update Netflix!!!

With regards to the apps not appearing on or working from the home screen, I think there’s a bug in the launcher that causes some apps to not be shown in the home screen.

1 Like

Thanks for that re:Netflix update - should pay more attention to those email updates!

2 Likes

Good Day to Rewatch the Saga

2 Likes

Ok so my 128gb micro sd card easily filled up, went on the search for a higher capacity card, in the end I ordered
https://www.amazon.com.au/Samsung-Micro-512GB-Plus-Adapter/dp/B07KZSKH24/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8
It’s about the best price for a quality card from a reputable brand, it’s about $100 cheaper than most retail shops, an even cheaper one I found is Lexar for about $20 less, but because I’ve never used their products before I opted for the Samsung as I have their portable ssd drives and they have been great, so any Aussies after a card these are worth considering, and if you find anything else let us know.

1 Like

Nice find man. It still amazes me these microSD cards, I read the other day SanDisk was testing a 4TB card! How is that even possible!!

I was digging through the ole “tech” cupboard the other day and found the Hard drive from my first Macintosh, 2GB! The size of a Giddion Bible and twice as heavy. The kids got a kick out of it!

1 Like

Yes amazing isn’t it, and I really don’t mind getting one but the price is ridiculous now even for a 1 TB card, 512 is reasonable and will have to do for now.

1 Like

Wouldn’t these be better?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Integral-512GB-Memory-Fusion-CASING/dp/B07YYLZYZ3/ref=rtpb_6/257-3839815-3543024?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07YYLZYZ3&pd_rd_r=04385b50-5ef1-4f0a-b1f2-ae303b92cbab&pd_rd_w=pckdS&pd_rd_wg=phqbE&pf_rd_p=a8cfd057-ca3a-4bdc-a002-589a7993c909&pf_rd_r=NPN214KXTP8NKHFQSVZ2&psc=1&refRID=NPN214KXTP8NKHFQSVZ2

Also has a faster interface than SD cards.
I still have the first one of these types of USB drive which was made by Buffalo and cost a packet to import from Japan all those years ago.

1 Like

That indeed is about the shortest usb flash drive I’ve seen, the faster transfer speed would be a bonus but is not crucial as I won’t be transferring huge amounts of data often but adding new movies to it periodically and having the sd card all tucked inside the unit with nothing hanging out is still more favourable to me, price are close too, but yeah that would definitely be worth considering especially the size compared to other usb drives, if the ppm didn’t have a sd slot that would no doubt be my best option too.

1 Like

Anyone figure how to remove close caption texts on the bottom of the screen using ABC IVIEW live tv?

Any Aussies got Optus Sport working on the PPM? With the Premier League about to start up again now seems a good time. I have found some apps on Aptoide but they play in a rotated view…

Thanks

it’s on the top left…there’s a CC option

2 Likes

Thanks Mate, just updated ABC Iview and found the CC top left!

1 Like

If you didn’t work this out, this app fixes this.