PPM integration with Google Home

Is it me or did anyone else expect the PPM to work with smart home devices like Google Home and Amazon Alexa?

1 Like

I’m trying!
YouTube can cast to all devices, no problem. HBO can only cast to Google home devices so far… I don’t understand it yet.

I was expecting to control the PPM via a voice-controlled smart home device (Google Home in this case), but after downloading and installing the Google Home app on the PPM, it gives an error message when I try to open it - something about Google Play Services not being existent in the device. Will this be added down the line @Philips_Support_P?

There is for now no way to control your PPM with voice command and it was never advertised that you will be able to do so.
You can mirrorcast your phone screen or cast YouTube video. You need to turn the PPM on first.

Especially, without Google Play store and Google Play Service, there is no Google assistant integrated in this device so there no way to do it “natively”. The remote as no mic too.

The only alternative is to use a IR repeater which can send the remote IR command to the PPM. I personally do it with a Broadlink Mini and Home Assistant (open source home automation ) but this should also be possible with the Logitech Harmony remote.

Amazon would be possible with f.e. that „workaround“:

1 Like

With regards to Google Play Services:

2 Likes

When running the latest firmware. In Google Home, the PPM does show up as an available cast device, but when I click on it to see the settings it fails and returns back to the default google homepage, is this because of the lack of integration with gms? Google home claims that the answer the ppm give is incorrect.

1 Like