PPM Power requirement

does anyone know whether this would work with PPM?

1 Like

I would assume that it won’t work, since the HyperJuice specifications don’t mention the 15V/4A output that the PPM needs. That being said, I have neither the projector (yet) nor the HyperJuice, so I can’t be sure.

This topic has already been brought up once, here: Compatibility with HyperJuice 100W GaN USB-C Charger

2 Likes

The specifications in the post @djupsjob linked claim 3A for the range 5V to 15V (with 5A only for 20V).

Our projector will normally accept some charge from a 3A/15V power supply (45W), it just won’t quite be enough for full power and charge during use.

Yes, that’s true. It will work to some extent, but the HyperJuice will very probably not be a full replacement for the power adapter that ships with the projector.

I want to buy a powerbank that could run the projector in normal mode. Does someone know if there is a model that can do it?
Normal mode is totaly enough for me.
What is the power consumption in normal mode?

There were some listed here. I can personally confirm that ZMI QB823 works well on PPM with normal mode.

Thanks.

One more question. It has 15V/3A so the projector is running on it and at the same time the battery is being charged at least in very small percentage?

See a few post above yours:

I don’t think it charges but the projector seems to run directly from the powerbank. I get around 5.5 hours on normal mode with the powerbank and PPM fully charged.

1 Like

If it does run directly off the powerbank does it then trigger the 4th led to turn on and be brighter than normal battery mode? and out of interest how long do you get on battery in normal mode without the powerbank?

Yes, when plugged to the powerbank, it becomes brighter as if you plugged it into a power socket.
Normal mode is around 2:30-45 hours with the built-in battery.

2 Likes

Thank you good to hear.

That is the good news. Thanks.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Working external battery pack?

I wonder if this works with PPM :thinking: Galio: Ultimate Small & Powerful 120w GaN+SiC USB-C Charger by Baseus — Kickstarter

At 15V 3A it should be able to charge when not on (projecting) or to project with little to no charging.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Working external battery pack?

If anyone needs a new charger and a hub I noticed this on Kickstarter. It’s strong enough to charge the PPM plus other items.

There’s no info on the power delivery per voltage levels, so not certain if it support a minimum of 15V 3A, with 4A at 15V would be the best for simultaneous operating and charging.

2 Likes