Problem with Netflix

Hi

Receive my Pico today. Everything I want seems to work, except Netflx. When I launch it the screen pass from horizontal to vertical. So, it is a little useless :

!
Any idea?

Did you update it? Or run with the pre-installed version?

1 Like

It is updated.

I tried to install another netfix version but it ends up with errro code ui-803-3

Well, that’s the explanation then. Never update Netflix.

You can fix the problem by uninstalling it and then opening the placeholder. That should reinstall the special, patched version that comes with the firmware.

3 Likes

Will try this and report

1 Like

Yeah - don’t update chief. Only when the big man from 'filips says so.

3 Likes

Not even then!

Each FW update will have the latest version at the time of building the FW image. If it works why update it?

2 Likes

I had to do a factory reset, after uninstaling, cliking on Netflix tile did nothing.

After factory reset, Netflix launched but said a new version exist, this time, I don’t update it and it works.

FYI I have last firmware version.

1 Like

That’s true. The only other time I’ve seen to update was the files you could DL to update yourself if you were a little impatient for the final release?

But yeah agreed.

So in summary - trust nobody! :joy:

1 Like

I am often unable to scroll through netflix movies. I updated the system os but not the netflix app. Why is netflix so clunky? Are there plans to create a new update that works better with PPM?

Thanks,
Bryan

@bryanbrews Maybe try my tutorial on my topic. It worked for me.

Hi @bryanbrews it’s the tablet version of Netflix, so it needs the AirMote.

Using apps that require touch or mouse for navigation – Philips Projection

1 Like

Ok Good to know. Is there a reason the AndroidTV version of Netflix can’t be installed?
Thanks,
Bryan

Because Pico is not using AndroidTV. It’s a regular Android

1 Like

Yes that might be true but it’s not just any tablet version, hence why it can not be updated, so is there even the slight possibility for your team to patch the TV version to work here?

Hi @ThunderStrk we have been working for 1.5 year to get a working Netflix solution for our customers. What is available on PicoPix Max is the best you can get on a projector today, though we continue to negotiate with Netflix for more native integration. The TV version of the app will install and start up, but it is blocked from working.

2 Likes

@Philips_Support_P
is it a sideeffect of the custom app that the netflix “show previews” are pixelated but the videos itself is 1080p without problem? - it just looks a bit ugly but doesnt bother me 2 much.

2 Likes

I think it might be a side effect of making the UI icon size x2 bigger in version .027, but I’m not certain since I didn’t really use the previous firmwares and updated straight after I received mine.

It’s not, been like this always. Had it in 1.0.21 already like this.

1 Like

Hi @Chris_von_Mythos yes it’s a known problem, unfortunately we cannot (yet) improve it.

2 Likes