Projection isn’t projecting full size

Reading the patent now, it has interesting information on how the dmd itself is driven. I would say the POM isn’t what @Meemario is seeing, if it participates to the splash screen. Guess we need to wait at least for the next week when I hopefully get mine.

Sounds like that’ll be bedtime reading for me one of these days, and you have some measuring and counting pixels to do when you receive the PPM :slight_smile:

@wernerj & @Hobbes Thank you for the discussion so far.

I received my PPM yesterday and also have this dark border/frame around the picture. Have you found out, if this is something to be worried about?

1 Like

If it is the 20/40 pixels each side then that’s normal and expected. The power-on splash screen will fill the entire addressable pixel area, if your active video fills the same area there is nothing to worry about I’d say.

Hopefully my unit arrives today, then I can perform some measurements myself!

5 Likes

Hi @RalphPPM,

I’m having the exact same problem, boot screen is full width and height and then Home screen is framed with some loss on each side. Any suggestion @Philips_Support_P ?

Cheers

I have not counted pixels so far. I understood that it should be no problem and not to worry about. Nevertheless sometimes I think this bright border/frame is a bit confusing. But if it is like this in all projectors I am fine. Picture quality is still good inside the Frame.