Random Returning to Home Screen

I mean to uninstall the Netflix application after upgrading to 1.0.25. Then click on the link on the home page to reinstall it. (and not upgrade it when it suggest to do so!)

Uninstall the Netflix application. Once done, you’ll still be able to click on the Netflix icon on the home page. That will install the correct version.

Hi @hobbes, if you read carefully my post, is exactly what i do:

when reinstalled, netflix is at latest version, but not work

I have read it, but you don’t say how you re-installed Netflix. If you remove it then click on the icon in the home page it will be re-installed and will not be the latest version. (but hopefully it will work, if you install the latest available on aptoide, it will not.)

2 Likes

It worked! Thank you indeed. I then said no to the request to upgrade the version as soon as I entered Netflix, and it is fine for now. Hopefully an upgrade will be possible in a few months.

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from Netflix issue after the latest firmware update:

Hi guys still having an issue with Netflix. It opens and then the app bombs and it goes back to home screen.
I have tried deleting it and reinstalling from the home screen.
I ignore the suggestion to upgrade
It lets me login and select my user account and as soon as that is done it bombs.
The installed version is 4.16.3 build 15172 so that is right.
I am sure it is a software issue but i can figure out why it is bombing.
It worked fine for the first week after installing update .25 and then this strange behaviour started.
Have checked network is on
Have checked date and time are set to automatic
Any suggestions welcome

Same happened to me!

Just out of curiosity are you using a vpn?

Is it just me or is the Netflix interface abominable to look at?
The colors look like an old VGA resolution 256 color image, but when I actually select and play a movie that seems to be a full HD resolution, full color image.

The same goes for the YouTube, Amazon Prime, and other apps. Is the main screen a different res than when movie content is shown?

1 Like

Not just you! It’s a problem, we don’t know the solution yet… we’ll keep trying. Frankly speaking it’s a 3rd party app that we have no control over. There’s a limited amount of hacking we can do :frowning_face:

Well as long as it’s not just me I’m good! :joy:
Means somehwere down the line there might be a solution, and at least it’s not me doing something wrong.

I’ve seen this in multiple apps which made me suspect something on the PPM side of things.

1 Like

Since it’s an issue with so many apps the logic goes to something in the OS rather than a probelm with each and every of those 3rd party apps, right?

The #1 reason is lack of Google media services (GMS).
The second reason is app providers like Netflix not willing to collaborate to solve the issues.

These are both business issues, not technical problems.

From our side of course we are trying not only to fix what we can in the OS, but going as far as ‘fixing’ 3rd party apps of critical services.

2 Likes

Nope

Hi Guys
an update.
I entered into the Android menu as I was having type messages on You Tube and the ongoing Netflix issue.
It noted my network was connected.
Reconnected it and went on to date and time settings
switched automatic update off and on
Changed time format from 24hr to 12 hour format
that seemed to do the trick and now i have my netflix back
Hope that helps if anyone else is having a similar problem

1 Like

Anyone have a fix for this yet? As soon as I updated to the latest firmware I can no longer watch Netflix. Crashes after 5 seconds of any video and goes back to Philips logo. Uninstalled the app, reinstalled, firmware reset. Nothing working. What’s going on?

It’s definitely crashing when it tries to scale up to 1080p from low res when I initially hit play on content. How can I fix this? Haven’t been able to watch Netflix for a week :frowning:

Can you name a movie or show this is happening with?
And by latest firmware you mean 1.0.26?

Just for the record, same thing still happen even after upgrading to firmware 26.

@dmaul77 @wildandbeyond could you please uninstall the Netflix app, and then click the placeholder to install it again? You’ll need to login again but it should help fix the problem.