Random Returning to Home Screen

All I know is if it the return to home screen issue is occurring, unpairing the AirMote and re-pairing the AirMote fixes the issue for me. The symptom came back after I did a factory reset, and again the unpair repair fixed it. Using 1.0.25.

I tried the entire day yesterday to reproduce this bug but did not succeed.

So I still donā€™t know when or why it happens. Iā€™ll keep testing and update you all as soon as I have any possible solution.

I would be happy to investigate this in terms of key strokes etc if I could have root / adb access to the device.

Will (re)try unpairing and pairing again the Airmote as @fhteagle suggested. Did that but did not do a re-pairing the last time.

Hope youā€™ll find the issue because I was not planning to simply watch 30 seconds long commercials on my PPM :wink:

Great, you can enable adb easily. Click ok 5 times in About > Software Version. Then from the hidden android menu, go to Device Preferences > About and click 10 times on the build number. Finally go to Developer Options and enable both usb debugging and Internet Adb. Then connect adb via the projectorā€™s IP address.

1 Like

Hey guys, Iā€™ve been having the same issue since day one also. even before I Bluetooth paired the remote and while using the trackpad on its own with the airmotes batteries removed. Let me know what I can do or if I can help

@Chrisohara95 and @Philips_Support_P
I believe that resetting keystone correction just solved my problem.
Before doing that, my ppm was going back randomly to the home screen. Even entering my wifi password was almost impossible without being thrown to the home page.
After doing the keystone reset, I was able for the first time to watch an entire movie from internal content without any issue :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The return to home issue had returned for me as well. I tried disabling auto keystone, and just using a manual 4CC instead. No change.

Unpaired and re-paired the AirMote, no return to home for the entire viewing session.

At this point I wonder if we have two separate bugs with the same effect?!?

Hi, it seems these are two distinct bugs with the same symptom.

Just to complete my previous post : I use the automatic keystone since Iā€™ve just resetting it and I donā€™t keep it disabled :slight_smile:

@Thibaut_Sauvage and @fhteagle - Thanks for helping finding the cause of the issue.

@Philips_Support_P - Any news on a possible fix. Got my PPM for some time now and itā€™s just gathering dust. I understand that finding the cause and actually fixing it (+ testing) can take some time but the latest comment from Philips is a week old so Iā€™m starting to get a little bit worried about that.

To be honest we cannot reproduce this bug on any of the test units we have. (We donā€™t have many). Weā€™ve kept it running the whole day in two different cities but apps donā€™t get bumped to home screen. Thatā€™s why Iā€™m relying on one of you with the issue, with enough tech experience, to get me an adb logcat when it happens. Then I can proceed. If no one can capture a log then Iā€™ll ask for one of these PicoPixes to be returned for replacement, so that we can analyze the ā€œdefectiveā€ one.

By the way, Netflix installed on my test units do not support PIP. Are you sure you have the Netflix from us and not another version? Can you uninstall and reinstall it from the placeholder?

And secondly can you please disable all HDMI CEC options from the hidden android menu (itā€™s under Device Preferences > Display if I remember correctly). Check How to access hidden (default) Android settings?

1 Like

@Cal & @Philips_Support_P & @fhteagle
I was thinking my problem was solved but yesterday it happened again and again, without finding a solution. What is strange is that I was able to watch 3-4 movies without any issue and now my ppm returns to the home screen almost every minute.

Iā€™ll give a try with adb logcat sunday evening (Iā€™m not used to this kind of stuff but google should help me) and Iā€™ll send the log file if I succeed.

Hi
I guess you mean Device Preferences > Inputs > HDMI control?
This is where the CEC can be turned off.
I have disabled that now and will see whether it changes anything on the ā€œfall back to launcherā€ problems.

Turned of CEC, but the ā€œback to launcherā€ still happens.

I now am debugging this with adb and see if I can reproduce it under adb. (not till now for the first 10min). Do you have any suggestion concerning adb logcat options, or should I dump everything?

Thanks

@norbert @Philips_Support_P
I just tried the lodgcat stuff.
I did not manage to perform an export of the log through command lines so Iā€™ve exported the terminal log into a text file.
Iā€™ve uploaded the file here

@Thibaut_Sauvage thanks a lot, can you tell me approximate time when the issue(s) happened? So I can find it in the log.

@Philips_Support_P
Hi,
I guess it was in the two last minutes.
I will do an other log this evening and Iā€™ll tell you the exact moment of the problem.

Same issue for me.

The actual streaming app (mostly Amazon) is always lowered in the right bottom corner (and home screen shows up) every minute. There is no way for me to view a full episode, since it is very complicated to go back to full screen with the touch panel.

Is there a way to get a full refund or a replacement?

@Philips_Support_P
here you can find the new log file.

Issues have occurred at :
20:50:10
20:50:50
20:51:13
20:51:29
20:51:51

As you can see, the problem is very frequent and makes my ppm totally unusable for internal content. (same problem occurs with each pre installed app, even when I navigate through the ppm settings).
Fortunately I can use my ppm with a firetv stick connected without any issue but Iā€™m more than concerned of having a fully usable ppm :slight_smile:

Hope this log will help you guys to find out the origin of the problem and to solve it :wink:

@oqq please wait a few days while our software engineers analyse it. I think itā€™s a software problem affecting a handful of users. Since return/replacements are not starting until later next week, might as well wait for a possible fix from software side.

@Thibaut_Sauvage thanks for the info & logs. Thatā€™s very frequent indeed. Let me see.