Randomly lowered volume

On Neopix Prime NPX540, sometimes the volume is randomly lowered down when watching movies. After I push the volume up or down button on the remote, volume returns to previous level. I think it’s a firmware bug. I notice this problem mostly when the volume is in medium position. When it’s on the maximum, it doesn’t lower down so frequently.
The problem is on built-in speaker and also when using the speaker output.
Dear Screeneo, can you fix it? :slight_smile:

Hi @PowerCzech this problem’s solution is in testing now, and a software update will be available shortly.

Hi @PowerCzech I’m dealing with the same problem as you sound/speaker issue with NeoPix NPX647 - #3 by lukasz

“A quick solution” is to set the volume to max 40/40 and of course after that speaker output works

Hi @PowerCzech and @lukasz thanks for your patience. There is a new firmware update for NPX540 (NeoPix Prime) available which should fix this problem.

Please head over to the Philips website NPX540 support section to download the firmware update. Alternatively you can download it directly here.

Instructions to update

1. Unzip the downloaded zip file, and copy both the files version.conf and ACTUPGK505.gz to the root folder of a FAT32-formatted USB stick.
  2. Plug the USB stick into the projector, then go to Settings > Advanced > Firmware Update > USB and press OK.

For more details please refer to the user manual that came with your projector, which can also be downloaded from the support site above.

Please let us know if this helps.

Thank you, @PhilipsEngineering , I have updated the firmware and in a few days I will test it.
I have two more questions:

1. Will HDMI-CEC functionality ever be available? Android TV Box is connected to the Neopix Projector and it’s annoying to use two remotes. HDMI-CEC is even working with 10 years old Philips TV. It would be enough if there will be support for switch-off command (when I switch off the Android TV box, the projector will switch off too…).
  2. Any ideas how to clean the dirt/dust from inside of the projector, as I mentioned here? Dust parcticles in the screen - NeoPix / NeoPix Prime 2 (NPX542) - Philips Projection Maybe @lukasz will know some solution?

Thank you again.