Receiver help re sound and image

Just wondering if you can run image and sound through a receiver?

Ive got a HDMI 1.4 version cable and it doesnt work

Hi @Edward_Johnstone of course this should work perfectly. Please check the cable. How have you connected it? Normally it will switch to HDMI automatically as soon as you plug the cable.

Can I run sound and audio with HDMI to a receiver with the pico?

Yes, connect the source to receiver HDMI input. Then connect receiver’s HDMI output to the PicoPix Max HDMI input port.

Or are you trying to route the internal android audio via HDMI to your receiver? This won’t work as the HDMI Port is for input.

using hdmi 1.4 doesn’t work

I see. Please share with us which devices you have connected in what order.

this is my amp

Ok, and which port at the back have you connected to the picopix max? Do you want the sound of your picopix apps to play through this amp?

straight hdmi to hdmi, i get no sound at all do I have to change any setting on the pico?

do i need hdmi 2.0?

yes i want sound

At the back there are 6 HDMI ports. Can you tell me: Which port is connected to picopix?

And could you please also answer: are you trying to play sounds of picopix internal apps, through your sound system?

HDMI1

re you trying to play sounds of picopix internal apps, through your sound system?

Yes

just borrowed a friends hdmi 2.0 cable same result

whats the next trouble shooting tip?

Ok thanks, I understand now.

For what you want to do, you don’t need an HDMI connection. The HDMI port is for video input only, it doesn’t output audio.

You have two options:

1. Wired: please connect the audio output (headphone icon) at the back of the PicoPix Max to one of the audio inputs on your receiver (e.g. AUDIO 1 or AUDIO 2). Since your receiver expects RCA plugs you may need a phono-to-dual-RCA cables something like this: https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-3-5mm-2-Male-Adapter-Stereo/dp/B01D5H8JW0/

2. Wirelessly: via Bluetooth or FM. But your receiver doesn’t support Bluetooth. So you can buy any Bluetooth receiver and connect it to the receiver’s audio ports, then pair your PicoPix Max to it within its Settings. Alternatively you can buy an FM audio transmitter and plug it into the audio output jack of the PicoPix Max. The quality may be sufficient.

Using both these options you will only get Stereo (2.0/2.1) sound though, no surround sound, since the PicoPix Max doesn’t have surround sound output.

If you want to play surround sound movies, I suggest using an external player like an Apple TV, FireTV, Chromecast or a BluRay player. Connect it to your receiver, and the receiver’s HDMI output to the PicoPix Max. Essentially your PicoPix Max takes the place of your TV. Hope this helps.

1 Like

If you want to play surround sound movies, I suggest using an external player like an Apple TV, FireTV, Chromecast or a BluRay player. Connect it to your receiver, and the receiver’s HDMI output to the PicoPix Max. Essentially your PicoPix Max takes the place of your TV. Hope this helps.

I have a chrome cast so plug it into hdmi 1, then a second cable from HDMI out to the pico? I can try that now…

Thank you for all your help also

1 Like

Yes that will work fine. Though you should be aware of a couple of limitations: INFO: Limitations of features for HDMI and USB-C inputs

sure so no pico interface = no micro sd card player