Rii i4 Mini Bluetooth Keyboard with Touchpad and Scroll Wheel

how many metters for use this remote ? The bluetooth range is good ?

I have been using my Rii i4 for a month now connected to PPMax via Bluetooth. Using about 2 to 3 hours every night usually VLC Player or YouTube. After using for about 2 weeks, the trackpad became not responsive even though the buttons worked fine. I thought the device was faulty. Fortunately, it was only because the battery was weak. Plugging it to the charger and the trackpad immediately worked fine again. This happened again last night. So I am quite sure that the battery can only last about 2 weeks of about 2-3 hours of use each night and need to be charged again. When not in use, I turn off the power switch on the Rii i4 so it is not on standby power when I am not using it.

3 Likes

Your report, convinced me to buy this keyboard “Rii i4 Mini Bluetooth Keyboard” and I am very satisfied with the purchase and the multiple possibilities to use it also with other devices. Thank you very much!

4 Likes

I bought another airmouse remote with IR recording feature and with mini keyboard at the back. Backlighted too. Waiting for it to arrive. Will provide my feedback then.

I think the philips airmote power button and Auto-focus button are with IR signaling. If it’s true, this remote should be able to ‘learn’ the function.

1 Like

Have you received this yet? give us an update when you do thanks.

1 Like

Hello @williammuk, the i4 mini looks very interesting and I’ve gone ahead and ordered it. Unfortunately, I’ve just realized my PPM Bluetooth is defective. The range for a connected Bluetooth audio device is maximum 3 ft. Any further and it disconnects. I was wondering if you tried using the 2.4 GHz dongle that comes along with the i4 mini to see if it works on the PPM? This is the only way I imagine I will be able to connect.

1 Like

Well… My ppm unit now out of focus… But I think I can still provide you feedback when new remote arrive.

I know for a fact that the current airmote power and Auto-focus button has IR because I factory reset the ppm before and noticed both buttons still works (without Bluetooth pairing)

3 Likes

But bro… Two weeks to replace battery is too high power consumption… :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Thanks, what are none of them with rechargeable batteries?

1 Like

This one has rechargeable batteries. Looks premium but I decided to test another cheaper remote first (which requires two AAA batteries)…

Check it out :

EDIT: you need to expand the link below to see the pictures of the remote

1 Like

Sorry, I have not tried using the 2.4GHz to test. But really you should get your Bluetooth fixed or maybe a replacement PPMax. I will try to test the 2.4GHz when I get a chance.

Yes, I agree with you. A bit too high power consumption. Considering that the Rii i4 is supposed to auto sleep after 3 minute’s of inactivity. Aside from that, I also physically turn off the power switch on the Rii i4 when not in used. So having to charge it every 2 weeks is kinda annoying. Oh well, I guess that’s what I paid for.

The Rii i4 uses a rechargeable battery.

1 Like

Received mine. Works like a charm on the 2.4GHz too. It’s really a neat little keyboard.

2 Likes

I’ve had the i4 since day one and use it all the time. Great device.

2 Likes

I’ve bought a rii i4 with azerty but the ppm recognize as a qwerty…
@Philips_Support_P could you add a azerty android keyboard in the setting of ppm please ?

1 Like

I suspect you might be able change that using the settings of the keyboard in the Input methods menu of the Android settings? (see here for how to get to the menu)
I haven’t tried it (and don’t quite recall the details), but have done so on other Android devices in the past, so I would imagine that it should be possible here, too.

Thanks for the post, I did buy the Rii i4 and everything works via bluetooth except the ‘OK’ button!

That would be fine but it means I can’t do 4 corner correction as it won’t ok the settings

• any ideas?!

Hi! I have the Rii K28C and here is my experience:

• general easy to use
  • good ergonomics
  • the usb dongle is detected without problems
  • 2 Finger scroll works (I use my thumbs) but sometimes is not 100% accurat and scoll distance is low because of the small touchpad
  • Sometimes forward / backward is activated then changing volume - no problems on the 4 direction wheel
  • internal youtube app does not react on about 30% letters ( alway the same letters, espacially anoying with the letter “e”)
    -backlight is good, but all the red secondary thunctions are not visible
  • the borderless touchpad is precise up to the edges, but might be touched accidatly then it is not intended

→ maybe the X8 would have been the better choice - how is the scrollwhell on the i4?

Thanks for sharing your experience with the K28C.

For me, the scrollwheel on the i4 works great.