Screeneo U4 | Compact Ultra Short Throw

Hello, we just purchased the HD version. On our side the 4K version works. The HD version was launched after we finished the hardware of U4 and we fear that this one won’t be compatible. You will need to use the adapter shipped with the Chromecast. We will test as soon as we receive it.

The following support is working???
indiegogo@philipsprojection.com

I haven’t receive any responses and the projector.
Already shipped?
There are no news on Indigogo.

Just to note that my Chromecast is the 4K one (model GZRNL) and I’m having the low power issue. Accepting that I’m not an engineer, could the USA power supply be implicated, while your team are testing in Europe?

Hello, no no that’s totally different and link to the USB power.

Hello, yes indeed we have answered you please check your spam or your answers here: https://support.philipsprojection.com/hc/en-us/requests

Hello there,
I just received my new Screeno U4 projector and unfortunately I am having issues with the connection to the external speakers.

I would have expected that by connecting a 3.5 mm jack cable to the Screeneo’s analog audio output plug, I could easily connect my external speakers to the Screeneo U4 projector but this is what happens instead: as soon as I connect the 3.5 mm jack cable to the projector, the audio is correctly transmitted via the external speakers. Then after few seconds, the audio comes back to the projector speakers (it is like the audio is forced back from the projector itself to pass through its built-in speakers).

Does anyone else experienced this issue?

Any idea about how to solve this?

Also: I tried to register my Screeneo U4 on the Kundenservice | Philips page but I receive the feedback that my product code does not exist. How is this possible? I was seeking a more detailed manual than the “quick start guide” that was available in the Screeneo U4 box but I could not find any.

Thanks!

Hello, which product code did you input ?
Concerning the cables, have you tried using a different one, and also a earphone to check if the problem is not coming from the wire ?
Thanks!

Hi, I’m just looking for some advice regarding projector screen size to purchase prior to my Screeneo 4 being delivered. I’m keen to try to run a 100inch display which I’m aware is larger than the projectors optimal size.

Has anyone had any issues at this display size? Has there been a noticeable reduction in screen brightness?

Thanks

JD

I am having issues with the HDMI connection to my laptop. Both HDMI 1 and 2 port are not connecting. Is there something I need to do?
I have tried to troubleshoot of unplug for 3 seconds and wait, change the port from 1 to 2 and back.
Please advise. I really want to like this projector.

1 Like

Hello, have you tried with another device (another laptop or box for eg) and another HDMI cable ?

@Philips_Support_N , I am also having these same issues. warped image, out of focus on the edges, and low power for my firestick. Can we return?

similar to previous posts, I also received my projector today and I do have issues with blurry corners, out of focus and warped image… @Philips_Support_N is that hardware of software issue? What’s next?

1 Like

I have same problem with connecting my laptops, tried two different, one is completely not recognised, with another one it’s even more interesting: laptop sees that it has second display, but projector still says ‘no input signal’

hey @Philips_Support_N I tried reaching out indiegogo@philipsprojection.com without luck and no answers went to my spambox: it’s weeks I’m told my projectors is in the third batch and it’s being prepared in your warehouse in HongKong. I’m tired of promises and awaiting a product paid 4 months ago.

What is the procedure to stop this never ending preparation and have a full refund?

Hi, I have troubles while using the U4 with my Apple TV 4K

1. I have to turn off/on the TV 2 times when I turn on the projector, otherwise it’s not recognised.
  2. CEC function stopped working altogether after software update to >=1.6.x. It used to work with the software that came out of the box (I think 1.4.2).

I tried resets, restarts, updates, different HDMI cables etc., nothing is working.

1 Like

hello Andrei, we will have a check on Monday with our APple TV 4K. We fully tested it 1 week ago and everything was fine. Are you in 4K or Full HD in your Apple TV settings ?

Hi, I’ve tried with both UHD (4K) on/off, also TV settings: 1080p/4K and HDR on/off

Also, changing Audio Output from Internal Speakers to ARC (and vice-versa) seems to trigger the disconnect between the Apple TV and the projector.

For the reference, software version 1.7.0

1 Like

Buy an ALR screen. Don’t bother researching and buy the 120” motorized from ground up made by WEMAX. I compared all manufacturers that make a virtually identical screen and WEMAX always has the best price (after coupons and all that annoying stuff) and appear to make a superior product for only UST projectors.

Regards
—-
Anthony

Today I recieved my U4 but there’s a problem: It won’t start. I only see a white light in the power button. Is there something wrong?

I have the same issue since I updated the firmware. Before the update I was using my Apple TV 4K remote as the controller for sound and on/off of the projector. Now it doesn’t work. Will this be fixed in the next firmware update? (Currently on 1.7.0)